iPod sound not working...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by gscal, Aug 31, 2009.

1. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    So just earlier I was on my iPod and I try to turn the volume down. I press the volume button, but nothing happens. I go my Music app and start playing a song. There is no volume slider. Same thing with videos. When I double-click the home button, and the the music pop-up pops up, it says "Dock Connector", if that means anything. I have 3.0. If anyone else has experienced this problem, please help!

If there are no solutions, I'll most likely go to the Apple Store. But I don't want to do that. :(

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    have you tried rebooting

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Do you have a first gen? My old touch is having the same problem. It's headphone Jack broke a while ago, and I used a Bluetooth module in the dock connector with BT headphones. The other day, I tried to hook up the headphones, and it said dock connector for the volume slider. It wasn't recognizing the module and I couldn't get the slider to reappear when inserting and removing the module. Do you use a stereo or something that uses the dock connection for volume.

4. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Why did I not do that, lol?!? First rule when you have an iDevice problem: REBOOT! Well thank you so much, that worked for me! Thanks! :)

5. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Plug in your headphones.

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    +1

With my previous 3G (on 2.2.1 I think) there were times when my phone didn't have sound and it only happens when I unplug my earphones (note: not everytime i unplug my earphones) so I figured the phone must think the earphones are still in the jack somehow. A restart always fixed this problem for me.

7. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for all the tips, but all it took was a reboot. And I don't plug my iPod (second-gen, btw) into anything except for my charger.

Thank you everyone for the tips! :)

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    yeah I have a second gen and had that happen to me quite a few times

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I feel my 1st gen is slowly dissentigrating.