This is not a game, Apple!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by schplurg, Jun 12, 2009.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318335483&mt=8

What the hell is Apple doing? This is a series of videos with a link to a game they want to sell us. That's it!!!

Come on Apple! I know you guys are inconsistent with the app approval process, but at least know the difference between a game and a ...not game!!!

This is not a game! And, come to think of it, neither was the first Watchmen release with all the videos. Are there other such "games" out there?

I debated with myself (fun) about whether or not to post this here, but it frustrates the hell out of me. I left the game name out of the thread title deliberately by the way.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Does that really warrant three exclamation marks?

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I think the devs choose where it goes.

4. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Its free, and its kind of cool. Don't you have anything better to do?

5. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    its a bunch of videos...its not JUST a link..nothing wrong with it man

6. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#6 schplurg, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Don't you? :rolleyes:

Just figured we had enough garbage in the games section without adding things that aren't games. Guess I was wrong. Weird.

7. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You also left the "game" name out of your entire post too, so no-one knows what you're talking about.
    Fail. :rolleyes:

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Apple is too busy planning how to take over the world of computers to put any effort into the review process. Why would they care? They receive no harm if the app is 100% garbage, they can still earn commission on millions of other apps. If they put in -any- effort into their job I doubt those totally moronic "fart" applications (and there are like, 20 that does the exact same thing?), apps that contains absolutely nothing other than copied/pasted text from wikipedia, or apps that doesn't even work and has no instructions, would even exist in the app store.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I-Play showed us this earlier in the week, I thought the videos were pretty cool. It's free, if you don't like it, delete it? I wish I had as much spare time as you that you have time to complain about things you're getting for free.

10. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes sometimes.

11. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    so since its free we cant complain that it sucks?

12. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    aaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

13. maxcalibre

maxcalibre Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It's free! And if you read the description before downloading, you would have seen:

"Rather than watching the action, why not take part?.. Follow the link within this app and try out the game they are all talking about.. Pool Star, featuring Earl Strickland."

While I do agree that this App should not be in the 'Games' category, it annoys me more when people complain about things which are clearly explained in the app description.