Most disappointing games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by florbastang, Aug 4, 2009.

1. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    What are the iPhone/Touch games that disappointed you most? Which games were you just so incredibly excited and hyped up about that went on to just be a complete and utter letdown?

I'm going to have to say that it was a tie between Car Jack Streets and Mecho Wars. What steaming turds those ended up being.

To be fair, they had ridiculous amount of polish and looked fantastic on the surface. But that's it--they only had surface appeal. What was actually there was an empty shell of what they could have been, which is unfortunately, because they could have been great.

Oh well. There are 50,000 other games out there.

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Worms. I didn't even play it and I'm disappointed... I was waiting for this but the port was just such crap that I skipped it.

Trapped: Undead Infection. It looked awesome, I love zombie games, and this seemed like a SNES version of Resident Evil. And it was actually fun for the first few minutes too. Then it just kinda died from there. I ran out of ammo, the taser was next to useless, and I became hopelessly lost in what to do or where to go. So yeah... it wasn't exactly great.

Dungeon and Hero. Looked like an awesome Zelda type game. What I got was a horrible "button" masher in which I just ended up hitting my enemy twice, then holding shield. No real story (well, I gave up at level 5) and the gameplay was awful. And you just die every 5 minutes in that game. It just seems like you have no time to attack as the enemy just keeps attacking you. So I deleted it. Thank God for Zenonia.

Silent Scope. Fun game, but the port was AWFUL! Awkward controls, the dragging to aim out of the scope was useless as you double tap where you want to zoom in, and there's like a second delay from when you tap to when it actually fires, which can really kill you in some situations in that game. I'm a huge fan of the game and especially the arcade one, but this version just didn't work.

And the biggest disappointment since the launch of the appstore goes to...

*Drum Roll*

METAL GEAR SOLID TOUCH!

When I saw this I was freaking out. Metal gear on the iDevice. MY single favorite game on the go. It was all coming together perfectly. There was already a mobile game of MGS that was actually decent looking and seemed like it could hold its own in the appstore. I would have even liked Metal Gear Acid, which would also work on the iDevice well, and it's alot of fun. It hits the appstore and all we get is a crappy gallery shooter. Not even on rails, no... It doesn't even move. The only thing that moves are the sprites which were taken directly from MGS4. Then all you get are 2 or 3 weapons (idk if you want to count the 1 shot rocket launcher as a weapon) and lame gameplay. You scroll a cursor along the screen, then click on the enemy. Woohoo... real fun... It was awful. And then the price tag just made everything 10 times worse. Who would spen 8 bucks on a boring stationary shooter when there are many better ones for 5-6 bucks! Apparently alot since itgot undeserved great ratings.

3. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    CJS and Grunts.

For Grunts, i was expecting more a strategy game and CJS is just disappointing. I think that Gangstar will be a far better GTA-like

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Blue attack
    I know a lot of guys here love it, and I tried to like it but just found it boring and... not fun.

Ancient frog too, you can harly call that a puzzler

Spore, Asphalt 4, Dr. Awesome, Wave blazer, blue skies, Rolando, Cro-mag, Bugdom, Nanosaur, iDracula, Hero of sparta, Mouse house, Rasta monkey...hated them all

5. McCurry

McCurry Member

Jul 3, 2009
    all the Sega ports, all overpriced and filled with dodo

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Wow you have some high standards.

Rolando really turned me off at the Fire Canyon portion of levels, but then the more I played, the more fun the game became. Hero of Sparta I really enjoyed while it lasted and iDracula is a very decent little game.

I was disappointed by Rasta Monkey - it just somehow wasn't fun, Low Grav Racer and 2XL Supercross were also lousy racing games that loads of other people seemed to enjoy, Real Tennis 09 was really poor too in my opinion.

7. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    What's more important? their sales, or your sole enjoyment? There are many others that wanted an authentic MGS. But guess what, Kojima and Konami are not idiots. They initially had a stealth-based MGS, but being intelligent, they knew the market, and people new to MGS. Ultimately blame Apple if you wish, because Konami knows that the iPhone is a device for casual gamers, that want many games on their device, an 'App for Everything' correct? They know that they couldn't bring a game like that. Their Sales, ultimately showed that the consumer enjoyed this; just look how many stars it has, 4! If Apple had different Marketing tactics, they would think otherwise. This is the same with Bethesda. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring a Pip-Boy 3K Simulator to the iPhone.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I was recently disappointed with GI Joyride, CookiePop, SpinStar and Minigore(though this one will get better with updates)

9. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    For Minigore, I wasn't sucked into the hype - instead I went with the Rolando 2 Hype Train but still haven't bought it yet because of its insane price and I had to buy the 3.0 update. But I digress. I find Minigore like Flight Control - really addictive. I come to it every few hours and try to beat my score, and try (even though I have no chance) to get in the first page of high scores. But for most of you who've been raving over it for ages must have been pretty gutted.

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I wasn't sucked into the hype either, I just decided "meh it looks good and it's only a buck", yet I was still disappointed. I got bored so fast.

I was sucked into the Rolando 2 hype though lol, not saying it's not a great game, but I bought it the day it was released BECAUSE of the hype and I haven't even played the game yet!?!? :O

11. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    sid how did you not enjoy cookie pop

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    The gameplay was a bit too simple for me, I might change my mind once I play it a bit more, but as of right now I'm not loving the game like I thought I would.

13. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Zen Bound, I know i will prob be hated for saying this but I really don't understand why so many people like this game. I bought it and played several levels, its kind of relaxing but it's definitely not worth 5 dollars. It's about as exciting as knitting with your grandma.. I tried to like that game but I just never did.

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Cjs (don't like the obligation of having to play or you get owned if you haven't in a week. It's just garbage.) and Chronicles of Inotia. (everything) :mad:

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Minigore
    Peggle
    Rolando series
    Uniwar
    Mecho Wars
    Sparta
    Mummy's Revenge

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I wasn't saying anything bad about Kojima or Konami at all, I was just disappointed with this one game. That's just my personal opinion, as I know many liked the game. I was just disappointed that it wasn't a real metal gear game.

17. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    :eek: Minigore and Mecho Wars? Those are great games!

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I know! Why does everyone seem to hate Mecho Wars so much? I love that game!

19. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I know you'll hate me for it, but Peggle.

I'm not too sure if disappointing is the word though, because I didn't expect that much from it anyway.

Oh, and The Sims 3. It didn't last me nearly as long as it should have!

20. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Minigore and Mecho Wars