We Need Patapon

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crzyboarder1197, Dec 15, 2008.

1. crzyboarder1197

Dec 7, 2008
    I think there should be a patapon for the iphone
    i was playing patapon at my friends house on psp and im addicted.
    do you think it would work
    they could put virual pata,chaka,pon,don buttons on the screen
    what about you

2. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    What about me?

3. crzyboarder1197

Dec 7, 2008
    what do you think about an iphone patapon

4. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Ha.

Anyway, i think I drained anywhere from 30-40 hours into patapon on my psp, and I loved every moment of it. I loved the game and have been writing around these forums about how a game like patapon would be great. Because it is owned by Sony, it will basically be impossible to get any game similar to it on the iPhone, but we can hopefully hope for a decent rendition of it somehow.

5. GBX

GBX Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Actually the thought crossed my mind once and I did not really think it would be that good on the iPhone. (game relies on too many buttons)

I always though locoroco would be obvious but we have rolando for that i guess.

6. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Using this thread (since its open... and to open a similar thread) what about something like Exit for the psp?

I think it would be really cool and dont think the iphone would get any trouble running it :p

7. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    patapon was good. i played like two levels and cant play any levels after that. are you supposed to create new pons and levels yourself?

god i hated that.

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Patapon will be on the iPhone on the same day as OSX is an option for PS3.

9. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I guess I'll have to look out for a news article that day about how hell froze over too ;)

10. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Yep, not happening. There's a great possibility for a similar game, in the light of a Rolando/Loco Roco relationship, but an actual port, of sorts, will not happen.

11. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Tennisking, Sorry to burst your bubble, but I believe hell has frozen over:
    But Seriously, I doubt Sony would be too happy to allow anyone release a Patapon Clone on the iPhone.

12. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    A lot of people have been saying that we need Patapon and Loco Roco for the iPhone - after all, they're casual, unique, and fun games that have helped define the PSP as a platform for innovation.

However, rather than ports of these games that have been built from the ground up for the PSP, we need games that take advantage of the unique features of the iPhone. Why settle for a copycat? Just look at Rolando - some people may say that it looks like Loco Roco for the iPhone, but it's so much more, because it takes advantage of the iPhone's features.

13. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Keep dreaming. I mean, maybe a clone, but Patapon is a PSP exclusive. I can't wait for #2!

14. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Loco Roco makes a lot more sense on the Iphone than on the PSP...

15. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    I've been saying the same thing for a long time now. It wouldn't take that many buttons either, just four. Menu opperation would be as easy as sliding through everything. I hope something like this comes up soon.
    DON CHIKA!

16. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Sony is not going to release one of it's exclusive games on a competing platform. Stop with these idiotic threads.

17. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    your a ****ing liar! I don't need Papaton to live!

18. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

I think the idea is that if demand is demonstrated, perhaps someone will develop a clone, just like with Loco Roco/Rolando.

19. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    That's what I mean! I liked Rolando a "little" bit more than loco roco in fact. Not actual patapon, just something like it.

20. PSMOkizzle

PSMOkizzle Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    spyker, patapon 2 IS out, its a digital download only