Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 AM

Great game!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticule View Post
This is all polished as hell. Good stuff.

I'd say that damage/combat reaction animations would be cool; if someone's hit with a shotgun they double up or fall to one knee or simply pop back a pace or something? But as it is now it still looks fantastic, and creating new frames for all the different weapon impacts would be . . . time-consuming.

There's probably a very simple reason for not doing this that I've missed
Hello again Reticule! Thank you for your feedback, it's really pleasant for us that you liked our game and found the time to write us.
Not having hit animations is not a problem, it's our game-design decision. And it's a common decision in RTS games (Company of Heroes 2, Starcraft 2, DOTA etc.) In regular RTS only really powerful units from very powerful attacks can force enemies to perform hit animations of some sort, for example knock backs.
Common decision (not to have hit animations) exists because units will stuck in hit animations when they are receiving damage from weapons with high rate of fire. Sometimes to stuck the unit it's enough to play hit animation from weapons with even medium rate of fire, when 2 or 3 enemies firing at our soldier simultaneously or vice versa.
Usually hit animations can be found in RTS where units have low attack speed and few units are simultaneously on screen. But that's not the case with our game, so our characters blink with red color to show the player that they were hit.
Also currently we discussing addition of hit animations from heavy weapons, such as mines, grenades, rocket lunches - weapons with massive damage and very low fire rate. So we will follow your advice to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
Looks hot. I'll be watching this
Nice to hear this, and we have a lot more things to show you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by master lee View Post
Count me in this Game looks Awesome!
Thanks a lot, we are happy that you liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Great game!
Thank you.