New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    #1 jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    I am not involved in the project but I found it surfing the internet and certainly is the closest we'll get to pokemon iOS, here are some screenshots of the game and more information on their website which is ZENFORMS: Protectors
    Calis Project Zenforms: Protectos Forum

Screenshots
    Main Title
    [​IMG]

Character Customize
    [​IMG]

Mood Select
    [​IMG]

Video Introducing Zenforms

Attacks

The new way - 4 attacks

[​IMG]

The old way - 5 attacks

[​IMG]

PC Com
    [​IMG]

First Part of the Gaia World (clouds block off the rest of the map. The areas that will be revealed and released with updates.)
    [​IMG]

March 9th 2012
    Okay, so I posted this when someone asked about the size of the game. Most people saw it, so it's not really a spoiler anymore. This is an in-game shot with no UI removed of the "Map App" on the PCom.

[​IMG]

It shows your location and details on the location. You can view where you have to go for the storyline or for a side quest to. Although not coded yet, I plan on letting you touch a location to see the places of interest pop up for that location you touched.
    The player location marker changes to a pink color if you are a female.

The Bad Guys
    [​IMG]

Evolving this thread like Zenforms

This thread will be envolve with de project envolve

2. ilovemyipod

ilovemyipod Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    This Looks Awesome O_O !!! Apparently there is a late January release . I read that from the comments part of the page .

3. This looks pretty good, actually!

4. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't know if I just misread it, but are there only 3 zenforms that branch out into 5 stages of evolutions? If so, it sounds like there would only be 15 different monsters which be really redundant

5. You can catch more different ones, lol

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I think it says that they will evolve differently based on their stats. All zenform originate from one of the original 3 though.

Now this is the pokemon clone that I've been waiting to see hit the iOS all this time! Can't wait for this to be released later this month!

7. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #7 Madman100, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    Hoping for online trade or battling. Sounds good though.

8. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Cool beans! This looks awesomee!

9. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I'll definately be picking this one up when it comes out

10. Bawls

Bawls Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    closes thing yet i think i will get this

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #11 Echoseven, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    Let me do some quick math... This means there would be...
    34 forms for any one creature at any evolution, plus (at least) one Grand form.

35*3=at least 105 different forms of creatures, maybe more depending on how the GRAND form works.
    Add to this the fact that each level-up of a stat adds between 1 and 3 points at random, and there is quite a lot of variation even between identical "forms".

Yeah, I'm pretty happy so far.

Edit:
    Also with leveling up a stat costing 100 Skill Points, I sense a great Freemium future for this game... Though I hope I'm wrong.

12. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    If it supports 2g iPods I might pick it up.

13. SuperMexican

SuperMexican Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Athlete at Nike Factory Kansas City
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I honestly cant wait for this game i saw this thread and it made my day this game looks amazing

14. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I am totally down to BuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuyBuy. /bookmarks thread

15. itouchbd

itouchbd Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    don't get too carried away though because although maybe im just paranoid but remember geosociety? they basically did the whole "limited story and maps" and when it got popular enough to where alot of people bought it the developer quit the game and hasn't posted anything since, even though i would of been satisfied if he did make the sequal legit. be careful unless there is a serious bonus or sale when it comes out i will have to force myself to wait until i see how the updates come

16. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Very true.. But if the content is deep enough and the price is fair it shouldn't be a problem.. I was gonna mention that earlier too that "free content updates", though it sounds good, is a scary deal. If enough people bite and the reviews are legit, I think the dev may be more inspired.

Regarding Geosociety, who knows, they could be working on an update or a sequel this very second, :rolleyes: but I doubt it.

17. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Based on what I've seen of the development, this looks pretty legit. Provided there's no freemium system in place (atleast one that doesnt force you to constantly feed the game cash to continue advancing) I'd throw down $5 for this easily. I've been looking for a proper pokemon sub and this looks really good. I also like the branching evolution system, makes for some very strategic monster raising scenarios.

18. Menno1555

Menno1555 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    If this game is for iPod, iPhone and iPad, and not for iPod and iPhone, plus iPad playable(like sims games), I shall play it.
    That aside, I really like the concept.

19. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I'd pay $10-30 for this game. Just please don't put damn IAP!!!!

20. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    geosociety was a promising game but some things in it were horrible, as the simple fact that you did not catch the monsters but to entice them to be his companions something that was very poorly implemented, not to mention other aspects (if Kyro do a version 2 and most improved geosociety surely buy again, but I played the first I bought some because of these flaws in the game) I hope this project as much from what I read on the site, deviantart developers they are big fans of Pokemon which can be great for project
    sorry for my english it's google translate