Physics-Based Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mycale, Jul 30, 2009.

1. mycale

mycale Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Switzerland
    #1 mycale, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    Heya,

I'm a fan of physics based games.

The ones I have:

-Construction Zone
    -iPhyzzle
    -Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets
    -Fantastic Contraptions
    -Moonlights
    -Crazy Machines
    -Touch Physics
    -Enigmo
    -Ragdoll Blaster
    -The Little Tank that could

Anyone know about annother one? I really don't have the overview anymore, since the app store still offers no filtering options. I'd have to search 200+ pages; and I'm too lazy for that :D

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Im a fan of physics based games, are any of those listed worth checking out? I currently only have Moonlights.

3. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Is Fantastic Contraption worth it? I was thinking about getting it.

Add Tiki Towers, and iBlast Moki falls into that category, and is coming out at some point. (Not yet released, or submitted to the app store)

Also Equilibrio, which is quite good.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Toy Box is not a game, but a hell of a lot of fun to play with.

Bike or Die 2 is on sale for $0.99 at the moment, is a similar game.

And Jelly Car is FREE!

5. mycale

mycale Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Switzerland
    #5 mycale, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    Well, I'd recommend you

Construction Zone (You have to reach a goal building a structure with different materials, bought it just now and I think it's pretty great.)

Enigmo (direct liquids in their respective containers; using different objects; similar to crazy machines)

And finally one of those 2, depends on your tastes (Gameplay is similar though):

Fantastic Contraptions has more simplistic graphics (charming though) but it has a level editor and you can download the creation of others for possibliy unlimited gaming fun :)

Magnificent gizmos and gadgets has 44 levels, no level editor but better graphics.

I have fun with all games I listed above though. The 4 are just those I'd have bought first :D

If you consider buying annother one, there are some gameplay videos on youtube.com. When I'm not sure about an app, I'll always head over there and see if a movie is available.

@drelbs

Thanks, I just checked them out and bought them :D Physics Sandbox games are just as well, like Toy Box you just mentioned (forgot about those, I have Aqua Forest)

Bike or die 2 has quite an impressive amount of levels. It's taff to stear though. I keep crashing :D

I'm surprised jelly car is free. Seems like a commercial quality game to me!

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    +1 on the Toy Box. It is so addicting, everything you need from a fun physics sand box style game.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    another vote for Tiki Towers

Also

Glass Tower
    Perfect Balance
    Topple
    Trace(kinda like touch physics), not really physics though at least I don't think so.

8. Awe

Awe Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    By "Construction", do you mean Construction Zone? I've been considering buying that, but no app named Construction shows up.

9. mycale

mycale Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Switzerland
    Yeah, sorry. corrected the title. I meant Construction Zone. Just wrote the first word in the haste :D

10. mycale

mycale Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Switzerland
    Thanks a lot for the links and hints. More physics fun for me now :D

11. axin92

axin92 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Tiki Towers :)

I hated touch physics.