Should I get Baseball Superstars 09/10 or Derek Jeter Real Baseball.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dhalamar, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Dhalamar

Dhalamar Member

Dec 3, 2009
    For one, I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong place or something, while I'm not new to the net by any stretch I've never really bothered with forums. But I figured this site would be the best place to ask something like this.

I'm kinda/sorta into baseball and golf games in a VERY casual way (I play The BIGS on PS2 and The BIGS 2 on the 360 for instance) ... and just got back into them after a 20 year hiatus from playing Bases Loaded 2 on the NES back when I was younger ... and I just got an iPod Touch in November.

But I kinda want a baseball game just to kinda mess around in for the iPod, and from the looks of it my choices are Baseball Superstars 2009 or 2010 and Derek Jeter Real Baseball from Gameloft.

I don't care about stats or rosters or any of that mess, I just hop in and play. They both have their appeal and from the free versions seem easy enough to play.

I was just wondering if someone here would have a suggestion on which one to get. Or is there another one that I'm missing? Or should I just get them both? Something like that has never bothered me seeing as how I give the previously mentioned console games kinda get equal time. :)

Either way, thanks in advance!

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    For pick and play, definitely Derek Jeter. I love Baseball Superstars, but mainly because of its RPG elements. It took me a good 3 seasons (which are long, even while skipping innings) to get my batter to be decent. It's not hop in and play at all. You might wanna check into Baseball Slugger 3D (I think they might've changed it to Home Run 3D, or maybe the other way around).

3. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Derek Jeter wins in graphics and casual play, but Superstars is really deep with a bunch of random, stupid RPG elements thrown in. If they were the same price, I'd have to pick BS 2010.

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Baseball Superstars is hell addictive and will have you playing it for a lot longer. If you go with that title definitely 2010 as it has heaps of improvements.

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I would wait till the beginning of the baseball season b4 buying. Last year, at te beginning of the football season, EA released madden, and they released NBA Live at the beginning of the basketball season. If they follow this trend, they'll release a baseball game in late march, which will certainly b of a higher quality than anything available know. I would advise to hold off for know but if u have to go for something go for Homerun Battle 3D. Fun game pretty addictive more of a home run derby type

6. Dhalamar

Dhalamar Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hrmm ... it's kind of tricky waiting till baseball season because 3 to 5 bucks isn't that much to spend.

And I definitely appreciate the suggestions for the home run derby game ... I'll have to dig that out and do some research ... but I'm wanting a full on baseball game. :)

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Derek Jeter Baseball in my opinion.

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Baseball Superstars is the best choice.

You'll be getting far more replayability on both long sessions and pick up and play. It offers way more content and you wont have to worry about roster management. Definitely one of the best (if not the best all-around) baseball games on the iTouch to date. Various modes, rpg elements, great colorful graphics, secret characters, and just pure fun.

Funny thing is I really dont consider myself a baseball fan [Though I follow my Angels ;)]

9. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm not a baseball fan, but I'm a cricket fan!

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

They don't have a baseball game so how could they release it.

11. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is not quite what you asked for, but after trying all baseball apps for the iPhone, 9innings, one of the first baseball games released for the platform, is still my favourite.

13. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I actually like the first Baseball Superstars (that is the crazy RPG Gamevil series, right?) over the newer one. It was a lot less difficult to get into immediately.

Homerun Battle is fun, but I feel like the updates reflect poorly on Com2us.

I didn't like the gameplay in Derek Jeter Baseball at all.

I guess if I was desperate to get a baseball game, I would go Homerun Battle in all honesty, but I personally don't think it is worth the $5. None of the baseball games currently on the iphone are, in my opinion. I know that sounds pretty harsh.