Captain Anerica by Gameloft 2.99$-> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Infinity89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game

Note: Requires iOS 7 or later.

Play as Captain America and lead your S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike Team as they struggle…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Play as Captain America and lead your S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike Team as they struggle to contain a massive global attack by several nefarious criminal organizations. Stop the attacks and then take the battle to your enemies.

Captain America must use all his tactical skill as he commands his Strike Team to combat threats on every front. Grow your agents into a potent fighting force, and when the odds are against you, call in Black Widow and Falcon to help turn the tide.

Expose the villains behind these brazen attacks, unravel their plans and discover how the Winter Soldier fits into their scheme.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier requires an Internet connection.

INTENSE COMBAT ACTION WITH LOTS OF TACTICAL OPTIONS
    > Lead your Strike Team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents
    > Battle your way through various enemy types using force or guile
    > Make clever use of your indestructible shield and skills as a Super-Soldier and an Avenger
    > Call on The Avengers for support

100% MARVEL EXPERIENCE
    > An absorbing original story co-written by Marvel Comics writer Christos Gage
    > Face off against iconic villains such as King Cobra, Taskmaster, Puff Adder, the Winter Soldier and more
    > Art and graphics inspired directly by the comics

PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS
    > Asynchronous multiplayer: Join a Clan and battle rival players!
    > Climb the league leaderboards
    > Earn cool rewards in Limited-Time Events

MANAGE YOUR BASE AND GROW IN POWER
    > Enhance your agents and weapons for optimal performance in the field
    > Learn new fighting techniques to supercharge Cap’s attacks
    > Unlock and upgrade Captain America’s suits
    > Research skills and items that will help you advance faster

Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
    Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
    Check out our videos and game trailers at http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
    Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.

This app allows you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third-party advertisements that may redirect you to a third-party site.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 27, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (28)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #2 mrbiggles, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    trailer / review [ios 7+ only]

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game

Play as Captain America and lead your S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike Team as they struggle…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Play as Captain America and lead your S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike Team as they struggle to contain a massive global attack by several nefarious criminal organizations. Stop the attacks and then take the battle to your enemies.

Captain America must use all his tactical skill as he commands his Strike Team to combat threats on every front. Grow your agents into a potent fighting force, and when the odds are against you, call in Black Widow and Falcon to help turn the tide.

Expose the villains behind these brazen attacks, unravel their plans and discover how the Winter Soldier fits into their scheme.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier requires an Internet connection.

INTENSE COMBAT ACTION WITH LOTS OF TACTICAL OPTIONS
    > Lead your Strike Team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents
    > Battle your way through various enemy types using force or guile
    > Make clever use of your indestructible shield and skills as a Super-Soldier and an Avenger
    > Call on The Avengers for support

100% MARVEL EXPERIENCE
    > An absorbing original story co-written by Marvel Comics writer Christos Gage
    > Face off against iconic villains such as King Cobra, Taskmaster, Puff Adder, the Winter Soldier and more
    > Art and graphics inspired directly by the comics

PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS
    > Asynchronous multiplayer: Join a Clan and battle rival players!
    > Climb the league leaderboards
    > Earn cool rewards in Limited-Time Events

MANAGE YOUR BASE AND GROW IN POWER
    > Enhance your agents and weapons for optimal performance in the field
    > Learn new fighting techniques to supercharge Cap’s attacks
    > Unlock and upgrade Captain America’s suits
    > Research skills and items that will help you advance faster

Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
    Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
    Check out our videos and game trailers at http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
    Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.

This app allows you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third-party advertisements that may redirect you to a third-party site.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 27, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (28)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

TA Review http://toucharcade.com/2014/04/04/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-the-official-game-review-its-a-movie-game-you-know-what-that-means/
    Sure you can play for as much as you want without timers, or lack of in-game energy, but after a while you will feel that you are just moving closer to the point where the game will demand more money from you to stand a fair chance.

148 Review http://www.148apps.com/reviews/captain-america-winter-soldier-official-game-review/
    Strip away the numbing grind and half-baked additional modes and what remains is undeniably pretty, but ultimately devoid of substance or enjoyment. Save that three bucks and put it toward a matinee showing of the movie. Trust me. It’s money much better spent.

3. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Free and yet still overpriced :)

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#4 Sanuku, Jun 26, 2014
    This. I couldn`t agree more with you about this Game :(

One of the weakest Gameloft title this year. The Game was so bugged when it launched that parts of the Game had to be disabled by Gameloft and some of those are still, months after the Game was released, bugged as they were on the first day :(

5. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I have to agree, after all, it's the worst $3 I ever spent on the App Store. Not at all surprising to see it go free.

6. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    and according to the reviews on the appstore,it requires constant internet connection to play. so we have bugs,iaps and required constant wifi. no thanks gameloft,not even worth for free guys.

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Pay me money... Then I'll consider to download it.

8. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Apple's Free App of the Week.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Why? Just why? I bet they were paid.

10. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    thats exactly what i tought,i dont see any other reason for it being the app of the week

11. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    There are only 2 reasons, how Apple choose App of the Week. If the game is very good or the game is from a well known publisher.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #12 Rip73, Jun 26, 2014
    That's not how Apple works or how the App of the week works.
    No developer could actually pay Apple enough for it to make a difference to them anyway.
    And it wouldn't be how it's done in the reverse scenario either.
    There's a criteria that I won't explain here but it most certainly is not a paid for promotion spot.

It may not be the best choice for the spot as people on here would see it but it did meet certain aspects of the criteria so it got selected.
    Sometimes the choices are better than others. Sometimes other people will do it differently. Sometimes it's just the one that was requested the most.
    But it certainly is not a paid for promotion on Apple's part. It's not how things are done in certain areas.

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Yup, it's simply a poor choice, not a conspiracy. But I will add, this game does prove that Gameloft's titles are shaped by the businessman's vision, and not the game developer's vision.

14. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    #14 funem, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    There is definitely a Gameloft / Apple thing going on, Asphalt 7 and 8 have both been the free app of the week so was Order and Chaos and now Captain America, there may have been others I cant remember. BUT given the number of developers on the app store and since its only been running a while four Gameloft titles, possibly more seems a bit funny. Don't forget most Gameloft titles a heavily IAP ridden, so free puts the game on more devices and therefore the potential IAP sales should increase.

Like or hate Amazon, at least most of their Android free app of the day don't have any IAP's and I have picked up a few big titles from there, for example Sine Mora, Inferno+, Sonic CD, Riptide GP2, Alpha Wave, LYNE, The Bard's Tale, Bardbarian - Golden Lute Edition and Worms 2 they were free apps of the day and they are great titles.

Free is usually good, but in this Captain America game, I'm going to pass.

15. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #15 goodboyback, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    It's actually one of the worst games I've ever played up there with E.t and likes,So it can't really be the first reason.

Appstore like any other organization is corrupt it should've been quite evident that they favor big publishers.Ofcourse they gain quite a bit of money for it in return so it's a win win situation for them.I bet almost every GL release gets atleast app of the week or similar and licencesed games are permanently promoted heavily by apple regardless of quality,Since they are the ones which bring the most money.It should be obvious by the way they push infinity blade and other franchises that it's all a paid game.

Nothing illegal but small devs may suffer if their release coincides with a big publisher's release.I think I read an article about it on pocketgamer once a long time back where they had industry insiders and indie devs comment on the appstore I can't seem to find it though.

It's done very cleverly so that it's isn'tobvious to the readers,Remember 'IGN's review of Gta online they didn't have the balls to give it negative review or a low score so they left it scoreless.They haven't done the same thing since for any other online game,Corruption exists pretty much everywhere it's just the amount of it which differs from site to site,Very few sites are outside the influence of big publishers these are mostly smaller or self funded sites.