Artist & Music composer needed

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Foozelz, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

#1 Foozelz, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    Wrong thread

2. Foozelz

#2 Foozelz, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    im trying to aquire more people

3. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    There are plenty Free Royalty Free options available when it comes to music. There is an important distinction when it comes to music and its 'Free' status, so don't just go around using music because it says 'Free'. You need to read the fine print.

We used Kevin MacLeod at http://incompetech.com for our music. He has a massive library of tunes that will suit almost any need or desire. His work is Free Royalty Free (meaning free to download and free to use in commercial apps).

Jaybot7 also has a couple dozen Free Royalty Free tracks available in both MP3 and XM (Tracker/FMOD) format. We will very likely be paying Jaybot to write a theme song specifically for our games in the future.

4. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    Work months for a promo code. Wow, that's generous:rolleyes:

5. Foozelz

And you can all thank hardcoregamer

6. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    You can thank me? I never told you to make this thread! A mod should shut this down. We don't need two threads.

7. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I think he was saying they could thank you for no pay, but yeah, this is sorta entirely spam because you guys already have a couple threads. But I would like to thank Flickitty for those music suggestions, I'm currently making a game myself and was wondering what I would do for the music.

8. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Actually we have an old contest thread for X & R, an official thread for X & R, a thread for Santa's Smackdown, and this thread. We actually only have one for our new game, if you don't count this one, thats hould be shut down anyway.

9. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Yeah, I meant your company had a couple threads. And Fooz, what's with the random posts? On your own thread even, lol.

10. Foozelz

hardcore bet that i couldnt get people to join, and i LOST

11. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Well making a new thread isn't the way to do it. You're just asking to be banned with stuff like that math equation. Try going on other forums.

12. rohitvats

rohitvats Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Software Developer
    London
    @Flickitty Thanks for those great suggestions. I'll surely be using one of their tracks in my next game!