Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #1081 crunc, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    I got my first hat from the gnome. I guess it has no bonus because it is a "basic" hat. Is that right?

One flaw to my mind with this game is it takes too long to get the ultra hats. Leveling up the gnome that much too me forever. I'm not sure if I'll ever manage to get a second one.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought the color upgrade and now I have all colors... nice... between that and the bubble hat and the Gokus hair and my overwhelming avalanche of money I can buy the Top Tier Skills. Everyone: Buy the Coin Doubler

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Just wanted to drop in and say what a great and addicting game this is, I bought the coin doubler for support!

4. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    BASIC hat just means it's not got any special adornments like a horn or halo etc. You can't get a skill until after the re-roll and legendary hat upgrades are unlocked.

Thanks Amenbrother

5. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    With the coin doubler I know you get twice the coins for quests so maybe you get twice the experience for your gnomes, can someone confirm? Also it takes almost no time to get 50,000 punchos if you also work on the quests (for some of the really hard ones I just pay the 2500 to skip) and you should also be getting 800-1000 at least per run using the coin doubler. Once you have 50,000 punchos just re-roll the ultra hat for a chance to get something different + a level 1 power.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'll have to work on getting the reroll. So you get a new hat if you reroll, or is it just a chance to get a boost for the hat you have?

7. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    You get a new hat with a new effect and a 20% chance to have a level 1 power attached. Rerolling + coin doubler is faster than leveling your gnome.

8. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I was under that impression as well, but nah, we've been talking about it a lot lately, and the devs have confirmed that only coins are doubled, XP remains the same.

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ki Blast bug workaround: Ki Blast still works if you block twice in a row, quickly. Not ideal, but it will at least let you do the quest. We'll fix this.

You really just need the one Ultra Hat from the first Gnomey ascension. The reasons to have multiple: 1. If you want to swap between different looks and/or skills 2. They count towards the 50-hat-total you need to unlock the final upgrades.

10. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I really like how the new hat upgrades actually make customization relevant again. Before, once you obtained a Hat of Legend, there was absolutely no reason to use anything else if you wanted good scores, so you were basically stuck with whatever hat you got (which often made your hair/face choices invisible as well), at least until you got another one. With Hat of Sacrifice, you can see your hair/face again, and with Trademark Hat you can actually aim for a Hat of Legend with a specific look. (the puncho doubler helps there, as well)

11. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    My hat nooooo

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Since theres nothing I like this week and I love this game so much Im buying the "Donate a Buck"... Lets see what I get this time around :D

13. Pygmalion

Pygmalion Member

Nov 30, 2011
    #1093 Pygmalion, Nov 7, 2012
    I bought the coin doubler on iPad – why should I buy it again on my iPhone???
    Edit: You guys should really work on a proper iCloud sync. Think of Ravenous Games!

14. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I really didn't, I'm sorry. I still purchased it though because I believe in indie developers... but my favorite game you've made so far (the one that got the most play-time out of me) was Hook Champ, followed by Mage Gauntlet. I never beat Mage Gauntlet though because of the steep difficulty curve near the end of the game (and this was WITH the in-app purchased items).

Every once and a while I re-download Hook Champ to play (and beat it) again. I can't say I've ever done that with your endless runner varieties.

Just my honest opinion as a gamer of over 25 years.

15. The Mad Mule

The Mad Mule Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Thanks! :)

16. Mrs.Madgarden

Mrs.Madgarden Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    SAHM and admin. work for Madgarden
    Kitchener, Ontario
    You don't have to buy it again if it's on the same account. You just redownload it.

17. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Also, the items should all sync across, including the punchos doubler.

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Ah - is there any way to verify that the punchos doubler is active?

19. quickfinga

quickfinga Active Member

May 10, 2011
    #1099 quickfinga, Nov 7, 2012
    iCloud-Sync said "1 new item" today - but still no items or skills are synct. :(

Do you guys already know what's broken with iCloud or is it working for most of the people?

@crunc: if the doubler is active you only have quests with 500/1000/2000 punchos, but if you see quests with 250 punchos, the doubler is not active.

20. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    The achievement for purchasing a hat over 20,000 is not unlocking... I bought 1 so far, even says it in my stats screen I own one expensive hat.

The first ultra hat achievement is also broken.

Fix them so they check you stats for 1 or more in each of those slots and it should unlock them for everyone, if it is that simple.