"Games" section missing from App Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by micHawk, Sep 10, 2012.

1. micHawk

micHawk New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Hi. I just noticed the "games" section in the app store is missing. It's missing from the 'Top Charts' and 'Categories' sections. I can select it from the drop down in the 'search' section, but nowhere else. I can still see all sorts of games, but the actual option is missing! Is this happening with everyone, or just me? How do I fix this? I have already tried rebooting my ipad, it hasn't changed anything...

Also, I don't know if this is the same for everyone and just part of a recent update, but the 'search' section in the app store has a lot less options/filters now than before. You used to have drop-down filters for at least 6-7 different categories, but now there's only like 4.. Also you used to be able to just hit search with nothing in the search bar and it would just show you every app and you could filter it from there.... But now you can't do that. If you serch for nothing, it will give back a "your search had no results" message. Is this normal?

Ay help is really appreciated. Thank you

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Are you referring to the Australian App Store?

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  4. micHawk

micHawk New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Canadian

It's been like this for a few days now. I didn't want to post about it right away because I thought maybeit was partof an update and would come back, but it still hasn't..