I'm sick of..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by IKnowHow2Fly, Sep 1, 2009.

1. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Buying .99-1.99 game that just aren't full games. I bought Doom and what not when they were on sale and they are great! I have about 8 bucks left and am going to buy a 5-8 dollar app for once (trust me, I hardly spend this much on 1 app) but I am stuck. I know most people will say Gangstar will give me the most bang for my buck, but what other "pricey" apps are worth condsideration?

Fly

(And don't be a big meanie and say look at the other million threads just like this, or something along those lines. And yes, I do have a mind of my own and can think for myself but I enjoy hearing others thoughts and opinions)

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I have a solution...don't buy them

3. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    :(
    Just my luck, including tax, Gangstar is about .32 above my budget..*sigh*
    So now I'm looking at mainly the 4.99 games, but with so many like NFSU, Assassin Creed, Touchgrind, I could really use some other peoples opinions :)

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd say only buy Gangstar if you don't own any of the 3D GTA games. It's not a bad game at all, but if you own one of those you've already got the best available. There's more unique stuff to be found on the App Store.

5. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    whoa whoa, wait and save up money. imho buy ganster as its better of the 4so save some money and wait

6. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    skyye, can never give me a real answer eh? :p

*OMGZZ it pwnZZZZ*
    :D

7. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    just did...look above

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Touchgrind is awesome but hard... they never quite nailed the navigation. It's rare I ever actually line up with a ramp or rail and when I do it's total luck and by the time I notice I've rolled into it anyway. It's a great idea and it's fun to mess about with, but getting the highest scores seems to involve just spamming a few useful tactics rather than enjoying some freeform skate/finger-boarding.

9. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Yeah, Ima have to wait for Gangstar it seems, maybe while I'm waiting, it will drop a buck :D

If only it selled terribly like NFL10, then maybe we could see a 3 dollar drop :p

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I honestly think Assassin's Creed is fantastic. One of my top 5 games in the app store. And it's LONG. Lots of story, lots of fun, mild puzzle elements, hack and slash action. Some people got a bit frustrated with the controls, but I looked at it as part of the game...you're an assassin, you're climbing walls, balancing on skinny beams, jumping on ropes, wielding grapling hooks...it's supposed to be difficult! I'd hop on this one definitely...bought it at 10, and don't regret it a bit.

11. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    aha! Hell must have frozen over! :p

Yeah, it seems this is what I'll have to do :(

12. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Good to hear!! D/L the lite now to refresh myself with the gameplay, hows the Hunting Unlimited treating you sizzla?

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I hated Assassins creed. It doesn't deserve the title.

I would get Peggle or Sway.

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Peggle and Sway are both permanent games on my device. Peggle's also permanent on my PC and Xbox 360.

15. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Woah, was it cause of controls like I've heard?
    The virtual joystick isn't smooth enough to do the move quick enough or something along those lines?

16. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Peggle doesn't seem to grasp my attention,Probally cause I have never played it on the 360 or PC, Sway does but the whole, only 25 levels is throwing me off a bit.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I agree on Peggle or Sway over Assassins Creed (though I actually think it's a good game). My current obsession right now, though, is Samurai: Way of the Warrior. It's only 2.99 but it's definitely a full game, and it's simply awesome. Check out the thread here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=24008

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Well here's your chance!

Peggle: WoW Edition - Free

The iPhone version has far more levels and challenges than this one.

19. IKnowHow2Fly

Jul 31, 2009
    Woah, that vid of the Samurai game looked pretty sick :) reading the thread pages now..lots of em haha

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    No, the controls were fine. The awful, boring story, abrupt ending with no conclusion, laughable voice overs, Altair thinking out loud to do the most basic puzzles like pushing a button or two, repetitive combat, idiotic AI, annoying combat soundtrack played over and over, the dumbest minigames I've ever played (which was just a touchscreen gimmick on the DS), and there isn't any real freerunning, just climbing over walls, swinging on some ropes, avoiding some spikes, and running across tar.

Sway lasts much longer than you'd think.