[Paid] 2D pixel artist to convert GBA sprites and tile sets..

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by NinthNinja, May 7, 2011.

1. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I am currently looking for a 2D pixel artist to convert (modernise) all the graphics assets to a unreleased GBA game to the iOS platform. The artist should be proficient in the pixel art style and can work very quickly and to deadlines.

A professional artist with gaming experience is a must AND only professionals will be considered.

This job is paid with budget.

If you are interested then PM me:

Then we can go over the details, you can view the assets, and give a time scale.

The hourly rate will be between $20USD to $30USD/hr, depending on experience, or an allotted agreed price for the work.

2. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Hmm... :rolleyes:

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    From my experience, people don't really like to be paid on a per hour basis. Just my 2c.

4. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    If you read the full sentence it also says an agreed price for the job...

The job is basically taking the GBA assets and turning them into something that would look great on iOS. There is actually no initial design here, you take the original graphics and use them as templates to produce the new art.

My understanding for industry pay for freelance pixel artists is that hourly rate can vary from $20 to $50 an hour but $30 seems the average price.

I'm curious my people are cynical about the job offer... I have the money to pay for the job, the artist will be paid for the job on a milestone bases.

Surly this is better than asking that you will get paid on a profit share basis?

This is actually a job with real money on offer.

5. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I'm not cynical. Just giving my two cents.

I suppose that's pretty good pay, paying depending on how long the artist needs. Some people have been expressing that they don't like this kind of payment though, since perhaps you can't really track how long the artist worked, etc.

Good luck with the job though! :)

6. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
  7. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    This position has been filled now.