Glob the game - cartoony platforming shooter WIP

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by meta87, Apr 5, 2013.

1. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Hi All! New to this forum, (how have I missed this place?!) Posting a WIP thread for the game I'm working hard on.

In Glob the game, you will slide, squish and shoot your way through many challenging levels in a colorful 2d world. Various enemies, traps, and power-ups will help and hinder your journey! Coming to iOS Android, PC, Mac, Linux, and OUYA.

I've focused on the iOS and Android versions the most. I have a fresh control scheme, that's really intuitive for touch devices. Will be posting more on that soon in a video... Also working on Coop and Vs multiplayer.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Here's a vid showing off a new area. These cliffs aren't going to be easy! Where are all these boulders coming from anyways??

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Cool looking game!

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks good. Nervous about 'a fresh control scheme' as i've heard that too many times in the past ! If you have a fresh control scheme i would advise you to have an alternative 'standard' control scheme as well, should attract more people

5. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for the replies! That's a good point psj about the controls. I will definitely be including an option in the settings to use a more conventional virtual joystick control scheme as well.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Are you going to beta test? I recently joined TestFlight and still haven't been able to try a beta. This game looks really fun. If you are, here is my Testflight email:
    [email protected]

7. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Hey Bronxsta, I'm going to be doing some betatesting on Testflight. Not ready quite yet, but I'd love for you to test it when it is. I'll send you a message.

8. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #8 meta87, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    Been a while since I've updated, but progress continues! Recently picked up a Nexus 7 to start testing the game on. Nice little tablet and Glob the game runs really well. Running great on iphone and ipad as well!

I took a video playing one of the tougher levels on the Nexus:

I'm getting active on twitter http://www.twitter.com/travisirby. Interested in following others devs, or anyone that love video games :)

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Looks very good, and it has a vstick too so its all great, will keep an eye into this one.

10. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks TheFrost! Hey what's a vstick? Hopefully not too dumb a question :)

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    It a virtual analog stick, think gameloft games.

12. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Ahh thanks that's what i figured, but wasnt sure. I'm working on a few different control schemes so that I can hopefully keep everyone happy :)

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #13 TheFrost, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    Edit: What Saansilt said

14. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Going to GameLoop conference in Philly this Saturday. Hoping to get some people to play Glob :)

Here's a quick vine of Glob knocking over a big boulder:

https://vine.co/v/b0xlTt9a7Te

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Wow I haven't seen a nice platformer like this in a while! Looks really promising!
    What are you going to sell it for?
    I, also, recently joined TestFlight, so if you need someone feel free to PM me :)

Looking forward to it!

16. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #16 meta87, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
    Thanks Duvius! Hoping to have a beta ready on testflight for iOs and Android in a couple weeks. Will send you a message :)

As for what I'm selling it for, my plan is to release for free with first World (around 4 levels) unlocked. 99c IAP to unlock the rest of the game. No other annoying IAPs or anything!

Platform wise, android and iOS are my first focus, then I'll release pc, mac, linux and ouya.

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Great! That's really nice that you are putting it up for free with paid content. People can test the game to see if they like it (which they will- obviously), and then buy the rest of the game for only a small fee :)
    I'm sure the game will be very popular due to this :)

18. Thaumite

Thaumite Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #18 Thaumite, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
    Ey! I want in on this beta!
    Please? :)

Edit:Actually, noticed this was for iPhone/iPod etc.
    I have an iPad 2 :(

19. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'll add you to the list Thaumite! The game works great on iOS and android tablets too. I like playing it on the bigger screen :)

Thanks Duivs, thats what im hoping!

20. meta87

meta87 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Sorry about the long delay since posting! Development on the game has been going very well. I will be submitting a preview build to Indiecade in the next few days and posting about beta testers soon after that. I recorded a video of the level select screen and the first Boss and uploading it to youtube. Check it out! Thanks for looking :)