Any games similar to Fallout?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Trusty Mutsi, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi Member

Apr 5, 2010
    I'm looking for something similar to Fallout for my iPod Touch. So far The Quest is the closest thing I've seen.

Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

2. KDR_11k

KDR_11k Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    The first two Fallout games, i.e. traditional western cRPGs?

3. Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Yupper. Although if there were an iPhone game like Fallout 3, I'd be all over it :)

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I never played Fallout, but as you say The Quest is close to it, you might want to try Undercroft too.

5. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    When I asked this in the "Mass what should I get?" Thread someone told me that xenome when it gets re-release is the closest thing to fallout 3. :)

6. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I'm going to try Xenome. I really want to see something in the vein of the original 2 fallouts. Or something like shadowrun for the super nes even.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #7 undeadcow, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    Fall of Angels has a similar puzzle solving world exploration vibe as original Fallouts albiet not in a postapocalyptic setting and sans water crystals. Xenome has a similar setting as does Phantasy Star II (JRPG) and perhaps Steam Pirates (on my "to play" list). I haven't gotten around to Alternative Reality The City / The Dungeon but those also show promise in terms of exploration depth.

AppStore definitely needs more steam punk. If you play PC games there was a Fallout era game called Arcanium that's worth loading up if you can find it.

8. BlackJacketGames

BlackJacketGames Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Indie developer
    Portlandia
    Yeah, I think Arcanium was made by former Fallout devs (Troika). Might also want to check out Wasteland, made by Brian Fargo before Fallout. He just got a ton of money on Kickstarter to make Wasteland 2, so keep an eye out for that.

9. UhOhcoconuts

UhOhcoconuts New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Hey man, don't know if you're still looking, but there's a game called Hardboiled, it's only $0.99 and it's inspired by the original 2 Fallout games. The story isn't great, but it's got very similar gameplay.

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Dry lands and hardboiled