Neuroshima Hex - dynamic wargame set in the post-apocaliptic world

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    #1 BigDaddysCreations, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010

Dust clouds hover over the battlefield. Soldiers, urged by the officers, take their positions. Quietly, like a dark tide rising, units are moved into place and as they stop the whole battlefield freezes in silence. Suddenly battle cry of the mutant’s chief echoes in the valley, but just a second later a hidden sniper puts him to the grave. The battle begins!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neuroshima Hex is a quick paced, tactical board game for up to 4 players, soon available on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The Earth, destroyed by the greatest and most destructive war, is divided between four hostile factions: Moloch – terrifying artificial intelligence fighting for world domination, Borgo – powerful and brilliant leader who has managed to unite the mutants under his dark will, The Hegemony – land ruled by gangs, where might and right are one, The Outpost – guerillas fighting for survival in this violent and dangerous world. Each player controls one of those armies and faces his opponents controlled by other human or AI players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For more details check out FAQ section: http://www.neuroshimahex.com/faq/

Follow Us
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/neuroshimahex
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NeuroshimaHexApp/131964270164240

Updated:
    We added Neuroshima Hex wallpapers for you to download from our site: www.neuroshimahex.com!

Just to show you some of them:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Visit the Neuroshima Hex website and leave us a comment which one you like the best!

2. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Great to see my countrymen trying to bring more board games to the App Store! Any estimate for release?

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Ooh that looks nice!

4. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    We're targeting July/August.

5. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    This + Carcasonne = :eek::D:eek:

6. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Also, I need to ask since I didn't see it in the FAQ - is the iPhone version identical to the board game? Same units, etc.? I know you need to work on UI, but I hope this version will not be gimped in any way.

7. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Instant buy for me!

8. Instant skip for me. I know I'll have to wait a bit after iphone release but gonna get iPad version instead.

9. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Sure thing. It's gonna be exactly the same as the original board game. We're also planning to add armies/rules/maps from expansions in the next releases.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Totally awesome. Keep us in the loop!

There are plenty of people here who would love to help test the game as well if you need it...

11. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Great :) There is a possibility we'll need additional people to test the game. We'll let you guys know if we will!

12. Sevendust

Sevendust Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    GA
    Would love to see somebody make this an RPG FPS! (iFallout) :D

13. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Why would they completely change the genre? That's fine if you don't like this sort of thing, but you don't need to request it to become something you do like. Make relevant requests.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @BDG
    Any chance you're planning an eventual Universal Release as I too would hate to get screwed over with a separate HD release a few weeks after I quickly snatched up the iPhone release (which I'd love to on day 1 if I need not be concerned about this possible hassle)!

15. Sevendust

Sevendust Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    GA
    I am not asking them to change it, I just said someone should make this an RPG FPS!

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I just hope they remember to add in some Doodle Jump platforming and maybe a hint of FPS...you know, as you're waiting in between turns. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Sevendust, it was just too tempting.

How about this. While we can hope the dev promises the rest of us that there are no FPS RPG aspects to their boardgame but, if it becomes a huge hit, they or another developer, could develop an FPS in their licensed mythos as I'll grant you, it looks like it might provide an interesting setting for an FPS.

17. #17 mrbass, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010

Nope not universal that's why I'm waiting for iPad version.

18. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Ok, few words of explanation here.

We're not preparing the universal binary because there is just no point to it. The iPad version will have completely different controls, different user interface - it's just gonna be so different that there is not that much universal things to it. So our aproach is - if you want to have Neuroshima Hex for a device that fits the palm of your hand - download the iPhone version. It's UI is optimized so it's really easy to hand on such small device. If you have iPad and just want to enjoy the high resolution graphics - download the iPhone version, as it's already fitted with high resolution graphics that look really cool on the iPad. But if you want to have an application, that can be put on the table to play it with your friends like a classic board game - you can always download the dedicated iPad version. It's UI will be created for such usage, so it would be hard to use on the iPhone, but will make sense on the iPad.

And the final thing. If you guys buy both versions I can guarantee you that the total price won't be anything ridiculously high. You won't pay more than for a single universal binary.

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, fair enough. If the iPad version will be much more than just rescaled graphics to the higher resolution, I could appreciate them as separately.

20. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    I can assure you there will be much, much more than just a higher resolution graphics :)