Game suggestion needed!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nic., Jul 10, 2009.

1. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    Hello people! Pardon me for my English as I'm not a native English speaker :)

Anyway, I'm on my holiday and out seeking for new games. I'm looking for games that back by an actual story line, not necessary need to strong or good but not another "keep-playing-and-break-your-previous-high-score" type. A reason other than high score to keep me playing is good enough as I rarely will go back for second time once I finished a game.

Coming from a PC gamer, price of the iDevice game is of my least concern, so feel free to suggest :)

Basically the action, adventure, role playing, strategy (Not RTS, please) genre suits me pretty well.

A couple of games I owned that I think to have some sort of story to back up the gameplay are;

Assassin's Creed, Brother In Arms, Car Jack Streets, Castle of Magic, Chronicle of Inotia, Doom Resurrection, Hero of Sparta, Mass Effect Galaxy, Need For Speed*, The Oregon Trail*, Prey Invasion, Resident Evil, The Sims 3*, Terminator Salvation, Underworlds, Vanguard Storm* and Zenonia.

*Not necessary a solid story line but... well its not high score.

As you all can see, my requirement on story line is not very high... I think. Any sort of help/suggestion will be highly appreciated!

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Mecho Wars, Westward and Bugdom 2 sound like they might fit what you're looking for.

3. Fu3lRac3r

Fu3lRac3r Active Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Web Design and iPhone Development
    England
    Couldn't help but notice you didn't mention Real Racing. It doesn't have a story a such but features some great single player championships and great online features!

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Ones highlighted in blue are games I think are good and worth buying. As you can see there is only one highlighted in blue and that is Zenonia.
    Ones not highlighted are neutral and depending on genre preference you may choose to get them or not.
    Ones highlighted in red are ones I think are crap, and I recommend not getting them either because they are overpriced, too short, or have horrible theme/gameplay.

5. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Those aren't games he's thinking about, those are games he already has.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Aurora, I don't think he was asking for your opinion on games he's already played -- he's looking for good suggestions based on a list of games he's enjoyed (and meet his criteria of having a "story," rather than being solely about high scores. Glad you think Zenonia is worth owning -- I happen to agree. But there are plenty of people on this board who would highlight a completely different set.

With that said, I would recommend you check out Bionic Surfer, Glyder, and Galaxy on Fire, all three of which combine story (well, it's pretty thin on Glyder) with good gameplay.

7. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Mecho Wars, is 0.99 cents I think.

8. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Car Jack Streets
    Real Racing
    Castle of Magic
    Rolando 2
    Mecho Wars
    Sway
    Metal Gear Solid Touch
    Need For Speed Underground
    Blimp
    Top Gun
    Resident Evil Degeneration
    Puzzle Quest
    All of these have a story and take a little while to complete
    The highlighted ones I REALLY suggest.

9. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    Wow, u put that list in alphabetical order :eek:

Well, you could try out:

Blimp- Flying Adventures
    Galaxy on Fire
    Mecho Wars
    Need for Speed: Undercover
    Vay

(My list is also in alphabetical order:D)

10. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    Thanks for all the input! Checking them now :)

@Fu3lRac3r

I did owned Real Racing :) but pardon me as much as I would like to like it, I just couldn't :( The control really keeps me away.

@Barbosa

I just went to my application page and type the name from there that I think is worthy to mention :) That's why its in alphabetical order.

11. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Sadly, Resident Evil has degenerated right out of the app store. :(

12. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

#12 Aurora, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
    Oh I missed the part where he said "I owned".
    Well I'd always suggest Beatrider Touch to anyone, fans of music games or not. It's a different type of rhythm game since you can create it from your own music, instead of a preset list, which means it will appeal to everyone. At $0.99 (regular price $4.99) it's one of the best deals in the entire store. It has tons of replayability since technically you can create an infinite amount of rhythms.

13. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    Hey Aurora, thanks :)

Its kind of weird though, I'm trying to buy it but a message box appeared and showed;

"Purchase of this item is not currently available This item is being modified. Please try again later"

Does this mean anything to you guys? Is the game being update at the moment?

14. bghoward

bghoward Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Game Developer
    Austin, TX
    You should give "I Dig It" a try!

It's got great graphics, an addicting 4 hour campaign, several smaller mini-challenges.

I promise you'll be playing it all weekend. Plus you can try it before you buy it with "I Dig It - Lite"

Link

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Which store are you buying it from?
    I bought it from US store and it has no problem.