Apple Social Achievement System?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BTM4444, May 6, 2010.

1. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    About a Month, maybe two months ago I saw a thing on here that said apple was making there own social achievement system or whatever u call it. My question about that is when it comes out, will openfeint, plus, crystal and all of the other social achievement systems merge with apples so it's one giant social achievement system, or will it be seperate like all of the other ones?

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    The other ones will become obsolete and outlawed.

3. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Sweet! I can't wait for that to be released. Do you by chance, know a possible release date?

4. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    No one does yet. Summer/fall. And no not 'sweet'. Apple's idea sounds great and all, but there getting too close. I'm sorry but you can Not just crush companies like that. Openfeint has been EXTREMELY nice to everyone, and now they have to change their business. Would you rather use apple, or a third party social system? Apple probably...it's so terrible :(

5. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    If Apple succeeds in restricting jailbroken devices from their system, then many devs will drop the other networks like hot potatoes.

6. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World

I REALLY hope so. Not that i have special grudges against any of them
    but the sum of them is SOOO ANNOYING!.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Ya.

"Hey what the hell is Ruby/Qunatum/Closed Door? Damn another account."

I hate making fifty accounts. Anywhos, those companies can still do stuff like servers and free games. So, they can stay around if they have stuff other than leaderboards and points.

8. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    What dev would ever try and count people out? It's all about getting as many people as possible. Sure apple's service may be great, but that's cuts out a pretty bigmportion of possible players.

9. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I actually read this interesting article yesterday about how Apple could be taken to court for antitrust. Although, this has to do with not allowing developers to use third party code to build applications, I wonder whether not allowing other social networks to be used could be said the same for. The article said the following quote, and it is easy to see how it could be related

Here is the actual article in case you are interested http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/05/05/wired.apple.microsoft/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

10. MikeV

MikeV Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    sub-contracting
    VT
    Someone name one benefit of having multiple achievement systems? No one? Thats what i thought... Dosnt really matter if openfeint falls, it benefits the customer, which is the purpose of the iphone.

I have said many times there will have to be consolidation, and apple's on it.