iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. HEIF_37

HEIF_37 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Might have been me, when I'm at my friends house he loves playing and isn't very good lol

2. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    Hey, I just accepted your request, but cant find you now, what name would it be under in my list?

3. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I don't remember sending you a request... anyways, I'm not on my iPod, but the name is Wil McS.

4. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Okay so I REALLY need help sussing out Blanka's Ultra. The properties of it seem so random. Sometimes it bounces me up in the air, and then comes down on top of me, sometimes it just comes at me from the ground (I assume this is because I'm a little ways away?) I just can't seem to predict how or when it's going to hit me or what it's going to do once it does. Any help would be appreciated. :p

5. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    maybe it wasnt you then... weird, whoever added me send me a request lol

6. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Nice! I finally got a few TPs on the board! Go team TA AccentCore! :)

7. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Hey Heif! You beat me to the punch, I was gonna request you. I'm getting ready to leave right now but let's play tomorrow for sure!

8. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    It does a short-range low hit when it starts up (you'll need to have been blocking low before the cutaway scene), then blanka bounces up with a high hit (block high). After that, you can block either high or low on the subsequent chip hits.
    If the short-range low hit hits you, you're frozen in shock and the rest of the hits are coming through after the bounce.

If you're farther away, the initial short-range low hit won't register, so it'll just bounce up, at which point you should block high against the "bounce".

If both the initial short-range low hit and the high-hit bounce are far away, just block whichever way you want. Know that Blanka can hold his position after landing from the bounce, to delay the rolling.

Alternately, he can also perform a close range blanka ball > super, in which case blanka ball hits you, the super hits puts you into a juggle state in the air, and he would hold the super until you're bouncing down from the juggle to catch you with the remainder of the hits.

9. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Seriously love me some SF. I wish I had picked this up for $1

10. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    #9890 Snooper, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    So the first hit (like the very start) hits low, when he comes down then it hits high and when he comes zooming across the ground it hits mid. You should be able to counter with guile/bisons ultra if you do it as hes coming down, it only has invincibility at the start. I saw a match once where a cammy, after blocking the initial hit, jumped up and air threw him, thats probably lretty risky though haha

Edit: Ninjaed by mooken. Its not that hard really, just hold down backas soon as you see the cinematic come up and then ultra/flashkick/ex psycho crusher when he comes down so you dont have to eat the chip.

11. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    Yo, just played you. good fights!!

I am at work, hard for me to play as I have to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure no one is looking into my office lol.

We will have to play again tonight when I am home!

12. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    GG's Hief, I sensed a bit of trolling there with those Devils Reverse. Either way fun games, I gotta play more so I don't make stupid mistakes and blow my life leads under pressure.

Haha so was I, I'm pretty sure at one point in the first match I stopped moving because of it. Ah the joys of getting payed to play Street Fighter.

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    In one AE match, a Makoto Fukiage'd him out of it, too.

14. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    Great, can't wait for some good matches, I am sick of playing idiots lol

15. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    trolling with my devil reverse? you mean the in the air thing instead of head stomping?

I can understand what you mean... but how is that different then you focus attacking all of my moves LOL, cant get in close because I have limited multi-hit attacks and you are really good...

16. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Friendly matches are a joke, full of 0bp kens and akumas, and ranked is full of quitters. I have the most fun by far with this game when Im playing guys from Toucharcade or denjin dojo

17. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    Yes, it seems like this will be good. I need to clean up my gamecenter list... bunch of random people lol

18. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Just for kicks I googled "denjin dojo". The first several links are all to TouchArcade Forums, this thread specifically. :)

19. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY

Haha focus attacking is my MO around here. I didnt mean trolling in a bad way like more of "come get it" trolling. Haha I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it definitly worked more than once I couldn't keep track of you in the air your Bison is crazy solid.

20. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    #9900 HEIF_37, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    Ya, every once in a while I fight someone like you and it sucks because there is only so much I can do to defend it lol.

You are by far the best Fei I have played..

I look forward to more great matches with you. *edit* this time without lag, I am sure that little lag we had crippled us both...

On an un-related note, I havent had time to go shfiting through your guyses 1k page thread, but has there been any discussion on who the best charecter is? I mean, it really seems to be PRETTY balanced, but I am sure you guys have discussed this before?