Galaxy s3 vs Iphone 5 ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by filipjablan, Jan 16, 2013.

1. filipjablan

filipjablan Member

Jul 21, 2012
    At the moment,I am leaning towards Galaxy S3,because Iphone 5,along with Ios 6 kinda dissapointed me.

Also,is Galaxy S3 good enough when in comes to gaming,for the next 12 months?

Also,just how fragile is Galaxy S3,compared to Iphone 5?

Which phone do you think I should buy?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think youre better off asking in an Android forum as we'll be quite biased i'm sure !

I dont care so much for ios6, its all about the games for me. I have over 500 games so if i switched it would cost me a lot !

But questions about if the Galaxy is good for gaming, again i would ask at an Android forum

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This is a biased forum. Go ask somewhere else. We're true iOS gamers over here and surely most will suggest iPhone 5. Find an unbiased forum to ask this :) Personally I'd say, get iPhone 5. Imo Android OS is terrible after using it for a month or two. Technically my android phone is faster than my iPod yet it feels the other way around. I blame the OS

4. filipjablan

filipjablan Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Well,you do have a point there,but I would still like to hear answers from people on this forum,and even if I asked the same question on an android related forum,answers would still be biased.

Still,both of these phones are awesome,and I would like to know why you prefer
    one phone over another,as long as the answers are based on facts.

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    iphone5 is monster for gameing...

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Heres my problems with the gs3,

-its made of plastic and plastic scuffs and chips(not saying that the iphone doesn't because it does)

-It will probably be outdated in the android world soon since the gs4 is arriving soon

--its benchmarks were slightly lower then the iphone 5 which makes the iphone better for gaming

Why I use a iphone for gaming:

-iOS usually gets some games before android and has some exclusives like infinity blade

-I'm in love with this 16:9 aspect ratio

-Im not sure if android has something similar but icloud saves are amazing. I can start a game on my iphone and pick up on my ipad when I get home.

7. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I have the S III and it's a mighty fine device, but if you want a phone for gaming, then I suggest getting the iPhone 5 instead. The iPhone is leagues ahead of the Galaxy S III in terms of gaming performance - just take a look at this. You may have to scroll down a bit for the gaming bits.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm not going to state my opinion here as it does tend to annoy folks but I would suggest researching both phones reviews and watching some youtube videos of them both.

Also go into a store and handle them then make your choice.

9. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    maybe he like jailbreak that's why he dont like ios6:confused:

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well heres my view...

I've got an ipod touch 5, ios 6 i dont mind, Siri is a waste of time though. But anyway as for the games i love it, so if you have 100's of apps i wouldnt 'move' to Android, if you've only got a few you could.

I prefer the app store knowing Apple should stuff out quickly rather than at times the chaotic Android side. Yes you have emulators on Android which i would love but i love iOS games and supporting the devs.

I use my ipod mostly for gaming, love i get all the latest apps normally on iOS first, my iphone/ipad i also enjoy. So you can see i cant 'convert' really as i've spent so much on iOS stuff anyway.

Dont see what you expected from iOS 6 , how come its disappointed you ?

11. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    iPhone 5 won all the unbiased drop tests Vs galaxy S3 just an fyi.

12. filipjablan

filipjablan Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You do have a point there,but in my country,I can get Galaxy S3 for 400 euros,while Iphone 5 is a lot more...anyway,thank you for your answers :)

13. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I got the Note 2 and love it. I've used an S3 also and think that's a great phone. Jellybean OS is very good imo.

BUT.... some negatives of Android. I bought a 64gb card expecting to fill it with films and games, which as we know are increasing in size quite rapidly. You CAN'T install games to the SD card, nor can you move them there after installing on internal memory. So that 16gb (11gb avail - rest used by OS) is quickly used up. The only way round this is to 'root' your device, voiding warranty.

Obviously, if you get a 16gb iPhone you'll run into the same problem. I'd get a 32gb device if you want to put lots of games on, be it Apple or Android.

As a mobile, my Note 2 is by far the best phone I've ever had. The stylus for handwritten notes is a huge benefit to me, and the camera has loads of built-in options to help with getting great shots. Google Maps satnav is superb. Brilliant screen which makes viewing anything a joy. Connect to your pc and drag/drop files with no need for itunes.

Those are all things I love over IOS, but ultimately, the Apple Appstore is always buzzing with fresh releases. Far more quality games and Apps avail over Google Play.

14. filipjablan

filipjablan Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Once I saw that beautiful 9.7' screen I immediately fell in love....I'm getting Ipad 4th Gen :)

15. psk

psk Active Member

May 26, 2012
    I use a S3 as my phone, and develop games for IOS and Android. The S3 is a great gaming phone, but the Android market place is still a while behind in terms of attracting devs. Im hoping this will be the year that things really pick up, for example I know so many people who picked up a nexus 7 tablet or kindle this xmas. However (and as others have said), this is a biased forum, and I love my iPAd so much for gaming im just not interested in anything else so much anymore :)

================================================
    Pete Hobson- dev blog @ www.freesome.com twitter @psk

16. Ipad retina is the bomb. Don't even game on my iphone anymore.