Project Snowstorm [by SnowFury Studios, Inc] 3D MMO (AMAZING!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crimsondivine, Aug 17, 2013.

1. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    #1 crimsondivine, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1701016958/project-snowstorm-0

Lets get TA to write an article! This game deserves way more attention! Get it out there!

"Project Snowstorm is not what you’ve come to expect out of a mobile game. We want to deliver the kind of immersive RPG story and visuals you would expect from a Console or PC title, and put your skills, reaction time and ingenuity as a player to the test.

Our vision? We want to bring fully interactive games to mobile phone and tablet platforms with Project Snowstorm and create a scalable MMO Cloud Platform that others can leverage to build next-generation experiences (see our stretch goals).

We want to disrupt the status quo of “tap, tap, tap” casual gaming for mobile (we often call it the 2013 version of “Whack-A-Mole”) and put full control of a vast 3D world in your hands."

Developer Interview (Shows some Gameplay!)
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OtByEMIF1Xg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll keep this thread updated with the latest news and updates.

2. Soulwind

Soulwind New Member

Aug 17, 2013
    This looks amazing! Can't wait. :eek:

3. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Make sure to watch the video if you didnt already!

4. Aetas

Aetas Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I watched the video and this is looking insanely good. It's amazing that the man behind some of the Iron Man music is on this project. The only thing I saw as a weakness was the name - but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt incase it has some relation or meaning to the plot. Definitely following this project.

5. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Somewhere on the Kickstarter page it mentions that the name is just placeholder. Don't worry, I'm sure it's just a code name.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    There's no gameplay in the video...

Also, this obviously isn't getting nearly funded.

Do they say anything about releasing the game if they don't get the necessary funds?

7. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    This game isn't even close to being funded, and they're halfway through the campaign already. It ain't happening.

8. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    It's still being created if its not funded. It will just take until the end of 2014.

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    looks like a pokemon'ish mmorpg with high quality value. Just make it freemium and they will get their 3 million dollars alone in the first week after it's release :p

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Hmm... I'm afraid that the developers think that their targeted market is bigger than it really is...

Let me explain what I mean. The green colored area represents the market audience as the developers think:
    [​IMG]

Here is what I think the market size for this game actually is:
    [​IMG]

I think they should go for a classic 3D MMORPG (WoW-like) or either make a mmo Pokemon-like with some nostalgic 2D graphics. Either way, the market would be bigger.

Also, they made a mistake by showing some fancy high-poly (and yet boring) sceneries in the kickstarter/YouTube video. Kickstarters aren't really impressed by those, when they know that those graphics won't be used in the real, final mobile version. It's more of a turn-off when they don't show at least some of the gameplay or some of the real graphics.

Just a thought.

As you can see, I'm really bored right now.

11. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Nekku, Primoz-

It's nothing like Pokemon. The guy above you was wrong. There's no monster battling. It's a 3D MMORPG like WoW/Tera/Rift Etc. The creatures shown are monster enemies. There's also a pet system in the game but you play as your own character. Also, those are the graphics that will be used in-game.

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    How do you know?

13. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Do you know/work/have any connection with this game. Your a new member but most of your posts are about it?

14. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    I can promise you that I am in no way affiliated with the company. I have been in contact with them regarding Kickstarter before but besides that I have just done as much research as possible. They have a YouTube channel with a few videos detailing some things plus their Kickstarter page is full of info. As well as that, their own company website has a ton of info as well.

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    So you don't know...

I can asure you that those graphics are definitely not going to be in the game...

Also, they seem to be pretty big on their pet battles and even the pet art-style is similar to Pokemon.

16. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Yes they are, in another video they talk about the graphics. Also, I do know. The information is on their website and Kickstarter page. And there's nothing about pet battles besides the fact that pets are confirmed.

17. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #17 Primoz, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Please read the kickstarter info again. In states "pet battles" under the gameplay section. Don't make your own stuff up...

Let me quote something:
    Please tell me how this is not a pet creature fighting game.

Also, show me the video where they talk about graphics. It's not on their YT account.

18. crimsondivine

Jun 28, 2013
    Sorry about the video, it's the one posted on Kickstarter. They talk about the graphics engine and show scenery and how they create some 3D models. And I didn't make up any info. Pet battles are a big part of the game, but not all of it. You still have a character you create.

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I don't know whom you're trying to convince that this is not a pet-battle game... Of course you still have a character, now you sound like you don't have a character in Pokemon...

Anyway, Pet-battles are the biggest part of the game. Look under "core features" on the kickstarter page:

1. supported platforms...
    2. Massive 3D world...
    3. Adaptive storyline
    4. Pets
    5. Pets
    6. Pets
    7. Pets

8. Ranked Guild PVP, personal PVP
    9. Cloud platform

20. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Got to side with primoz. If you think this is being generated on an iPhone then your really have no idea about graphics hardware. Also they never claim it is, it clearly just concept art.

And yes it gave me the impression of a Pokemon game

Attached Files: