2013: Infected Wars (Unreal Engine 3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ActionMobileGames, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #261 Trysis3, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    that gameplay video looks amazing ,cant wait for the game! ,here's some things i have noticed/suggestions:
    -when using the gun his arm looks kinda weird also the gun looks kinda small
    -i hope the game runs at great framerate ,wouldn't mind some graphical downgrades for better gameplay (im on a 4S tho)
    -please add more weapon variety
    -hope there is MP or COOP

EDIT:
    -this is minimal but i'd like to see different crosshairs for different weapons !!

2. General_Jah

General_Jah Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    President Action Mobile Games
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the support!

In answer to your feedback:
    1/Performance has been a huge concern for us from day 1 which is one of the reasons development has taken so long. It's not easy to try and do what we've done with the limitations of the devices technology.
    2/ we will be showing more weapons in future footage, there are a ton of weapons in game at release
    3/ 2013:Infected Wars will definitely have co-op so you can player with other friends/gamers and this is going to take a great game and make it epic! :)

3. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    awesome thanks for the fast replay ,any info on release date ?

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks badass, but im scared the game may feel like another run n gun shooter. I hope it doesnt end up like how Dead Trigger was, where it was looking stunning, but it was mindless shooting. Well, it was fun for me, but it wasnt for everyone. I just hope this game doesnt fall into the Dead Trigger trap.

Looking forward to buying the game day-one though. Good luck!

5. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yeah don't worry. Dead Trigger looked great but didn't have any depth to it. 2013: Infected Wars is nothing like that. Each square foot of every map has encounters hand crafted and placed to create a unique gameplay experience. Not to mention we have bosses and a variety of creatures to defeat.

I think you will enjoy it!

6. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    We don't have a hard date set for a number of reasons but it will be ready for sale this holiday season. As soon as we have a hard release date we can publicly announce we will let you know!

7. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Will the iPad 3rd gen have full effects like ragdall and real time shadows?

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that the game needs more gore.

9. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA

There is no doubt in my mind that I will enjoy the game but is the game a survival arena type game or will it have a campaign with missions? I understand if you don't want to give too much away but I'm very curious to know.

Thanks

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    iPod touch 4 support?

11. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Liking the ragdolls, but it's a bit weird how they just kinda collapse when they die, seems like you'd have a few seconds of final reflexes before losing all muscle control.

12. datvo06

datvo06 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    wow,the gameplay video shows tons of improment from the last one...dear Action Mobile Games,I love zombie games and I really look forward to your :D.I've some question:
    -how many zombies can be rendered at the same time? Like...10 or 15 chasing me,that would be great :eek:
    -maybe you can add some...I don't know :p like ability to blow off zombies head or cutoff their limb?
    thanks ;)

13. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Will we see giblets flying?

14. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Going on Mac app store too? Just saying because I got a Mac a couple days ago and would love to test the game on both apple devices.

15. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    yes, I demo'd an ipad 3 with 2013:Infected Wars at gdc and it crushes it with full effects!

16. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    it is not a survival arena style game, there is a campaign kind of like left 4 dead 2 format

17. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    yes, one of our devices we test on regularly is an ipod touch 4

18. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    good eye chipman! As we said in the blog post, ragdoll is not fully polished yet. It's 'in game' so to speak but still a work in progress

19. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Right now we are capping it around 7 on screen at once however we have some really neat work arounds for this so that you don't realize there are only 7 which can make it feel like there are 10-15 around you at any given time.

Blowing off their head is something we are possibly going to be able to implement. I'll keep you posted on it.

As for blowing off the limbs that isn't something we can do unfortunately. In order to render this many creatures on screen at once we have to sacrifice on the vfx area a bit and blowing off the limbs etc is one of those areas.

With the newest devices coming out though, the next chapter in 2013 will definitely have this :)

20. datvo06

datvo06 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    thks for the reply,It's good to hear that I'll be able to blow zombies's heads off
    :D