iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
  2. YYOJJO

YYOJJO Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    it is my honor to have your last match with me. Good Luck for new future!!

3. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Good luck with everything you do in life mate, hope your plans succeed and make Volt community proud =)

4. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    #26164 fffan7777, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    AHAHAHAH! I have no idea how you guys multitask on the toilet. I need full concentration for dat #2.

This whole time I've been using Ken, it's just so I can land one combo. This one:

Obviously, it will be done using SP assist (not that it helps executing the instant air EX tatsu...). That Sakura combo just mind effed me too hard. I should've just sandbagged that match so the replay upped on BN looked even more godlike haha. My bad :(.

Your #2 character seems to be so crazy I consider it #1. I haven't watched any replays of your Bison doing a non-mirror matchup, but your Blanka just seems too gdlk.

32 hits? Is it j.fierce, tc, tatsu, stun, j.fierce, tc, hadouken, fadc, tc, srk, fadc, ultra?

As for the combo vid, those KOF combos look too beastly. I was reading the comments and little do the know that there's an sp assist button :D. Unless they release another SF4, I'm not sure many will be interested/impressed since it seems to be at the end of its lifecycle. We can always do one nonetheless.

Now that we have CaptYadierPR (GoldVivi) with us, he can do the video editing for us. I noticed that the KOF video didn't use any of the game sound, so any one of us could record combos using DisplayRecorder and upload the files so Yadier can do his magic.

We can display crazy combos as well as weird ones like this:

5. redtiger_hl

redtiger_hl Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks for playing . We will miss you very much . Shoobedush .

6. redtiger_hl

redtiger_hl Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hi everyone ! Good affternoon !

7. 0kills

0kills Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Lol. I barely post in the forums and all I get is hate, guess I get the right to hate back right?

I saw xion's post saying I was rubbish and some more derogatory stuff about how I'm like a gangster wannabe, inferring I have no skill probably because I'm on SP assist. Well I'll tell you something then, sf IV volt is meant to be easier to play than other fighting games. I don't really feel like the kind of guy to be shoving opinions down other people's throats but the way you hammered on me as a player is just far too unwarranted IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T05uuj8RKrk here's a video of me recently participating in an ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 tournament in the Philippines. It's my first time so granted I'll be nervous, but you tell me there's SP assist here and I'll challenge you for a first to ten for whatever amount when you come visit here how about it? Laugh at me for being rubbish but at least I have the brains to play real tournaments eh?

I don't mean to brag but I feel like I have to defend myself. For that tourney, I eventually overcame my nerves to get 2nd place. There was another tournament a week ago and I bagged 3rd place. Hold that.

8. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
  9. Berserker!

Berserker! Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Hmm i will join this league play here :) What BP level are there to choose?

10. 0kills

0kills Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    #26170 0kills, Apr 24, 2012
    *EDIT: THERE YOU GO*

Just posting so I can refute some of the hate that's been going here. Apparently TheXion thinks I'm rubbish and goes on to picture me as a gangster wannabe?

First of all, SF4 volt has sp assist built into it. Hate the game, not me. Besides, your youtube combo guide for Akuma is very impractical since linking crouching lp into any of his harder punches isn't as hit-confirmable as standing HK into standing p. From mid to far range, canceling into hadouken does not make it a true blockstring. akuma can die from making mistakes like those.

Also if you really want to hate on how I suck as a player simply because I use SP assist, then maybe you should get out of your house and join local tournaments. SF4 Volt is easier compared to other fighting games and I play this game for fun. Maybe you should let that sink into your little head before you go and mock people.

go to youtube and copy paste this /watch?v=T05uuj8RKrk This is me during my first ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 tournament last april 14. I was nervous and all but I still managed to end up 2nd place there, only losing to the guy who everyone right now's touting as the best marvel player in the Philippines (who can beat Filipino Champ)...

Got 3rd in another tourney 3 days ago, and guess who the second guy was then? his teammate. But again, enough about me. What have you done? Aside from showing what you can do offline against a training dummy in an ipad?

11. epikninja

epikninja Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    MvC2 tomorrow, can't wait :) Even though there's no online play, I don't think i'll ever touch Volt again, unless Volt gets all characters. It would be cool if capcom has had an update for Volt, and are releasing the update when they release MvC2

12. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I think you are around 3.5k. That should put you with good comp. Welcome. Always nice to have players of your skill level. :D

13. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Welcome to the forums 0kills. Most of the forum members are not a part of BN and don't know you. I believe I've never mocked you so I hope you participate in these discussions. It's nice to have another good player contribute. Btw, Volt is not real SF :D. I do like your parody replays. Crack me up!

14. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    #26174 D4Gamers, Apr 24, 2012
    Yo 0kills!! When did the best Yun join TouchArcade? Haha nice to have you here.

Also don't take what Xion says to seriously he badgers everyone who uses SP, hes basically a grumpy old man but he's cool once you gt to know him. By the way where are you from, with how good your English is I thought you were American or from the U.K.

Lastly, Fist Bump for the Marvel play, love that game-WEEESSSSKEERRRR :D

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    He's playing Abel now? Very interesting. Looking forward to checking out those videos. Was he as good with Abel as he is with his other characters?

16. yoko

yoko Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Game Impressions

wow, i can't stop playing. :)
    But, i want to play another powerful character!! plz-

17. 0kills

0kills Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    #26177 0kills, Apr 24, 2012
    Sup guys. I'm filipino, and residing in the Philippines since birth :) yeah app. lol. Just thought of defending myself. I don't even know what a chav is until I looked it up in the net and read that it was nothing good, which does not really bother me that much anyway. But wow, for a guy who has little accomplishment, this egotistic "TheXion" seems to just get a kick out of belittling people he knows nothing about.

O yea thanks app and d4 for welcoming me. I don't take insults lightly, especially when they're not warranted at all.

ALSO: yes wesker. LOL. he's so good.

18. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Glad you can make it here. Play some of the people here and have fun. This forum has way better comp than the BN. People like TenOneZ, Felix, PSXSQUALL, and Berserk. Hang out here. Xion is a cool guy in general...can get a little salty. Duyster is here too. He posts. ALOT. Lol.

19. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Those were intense clips. I have to watch them again, actually made Abel look interesting to me...I think he started a combo, focus cancelled into wheel kick combo at one point, also flurries of that med. kick dash move into T Throw...I would keep these if you are learning Abel.

20. 0kills

0kills Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Nah, the app will be based on MVC2, it's slower than 3 but still faster than street fighter. Marvel games are more fast paced compared to sf in general. MVC3 got even more intense with the addition of xfactor (it's basically a onetime powerup that you can use anytime that is a combination of yun and makoto's supers... the difference is that it gets stronger and lasts 50% longer if your teammates are dead)

From personal experience the combos are easier than sf4 ae, but harder than sf4 volt. Action's definitely at a faster pace. I was playing cautious the whole time because Hulk got buffed in ultimate marvel to the point that (well as seen in the video) he can kill two characters easily if he hits them at the same time.