Hidden Gem - how did I miss this?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gmattergames, Jan 24, 2014.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Perhaps it's the name that threw me off and did give it much attention, but "Card Hunter" is far more than a CCG, it's an interesting blend of rpg, turn based tactics, and party development (deck building), all presented in digestible doses of small adventure campaign modules.

The game is stylistically presented to emulate a tabletop/pen and paper experience and an obvious nod to TSR's pioneering influence to the many genres that this game incorporates. The presentation, session play and interface are all ideally suited for mobile gaming.

But wait ...

You wouldn't know it by looking at screen shots, this isn't a mobile game, it's a browser game, and a flash game at that.

Lurking the forums, I see a number of players have been successful using various iOS flash surrogates (photon, etc.) with mixed results. The devs indicate the possibility of migrating to iOS/Android, but no official announcement I can see.

The game is free, but includes a modest, single IAP booster pack purchase model; no paywall noted as of yet.

Check it out, I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed this, and one that I know many in the TA community will appreciate.

http://www.cardhunter.com/