Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Guise Guise is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default

Really glad this got some front page love. I've seen Jared on the leaderboards; he's highly qualified to write that article.

Hopefully more folks will pick the game up as a result of the coverage. It's an awesome and hilarious game.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
sugimulm sugimulm is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,436
Default

Was on the fence, not because of price, but gameplay, after TA veterans feedback (trust you guys, lol), bought. Now off to get stressed out, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:43 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Oh man so glad I found this thread. This is a corking little game! Really getting the hang of it. There is a bonus level if you score well where you can boost your income... I won't spoil the surprise here but try to score over 100 I think is the trigger.

Here's my best effort so far!!

Really recommend the game!


Pro tip: Brake before cars come onto the screen for a fraction.
I just found the game but that is a wickedly awesome score there! Do we ever get a legitimately handicapped person to use the handicap space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I think this has been my best yet by best I mean neatest parking
So those little private spaces up top are a blessing with their own walls to assist your braking?

Last edited by LordGek; 01-30-2014 at 02:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Guise Guise is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default

As far as I know, there's never any vehicle that can be parked in that reserved space. Avoid it.
And the top spots are great for sure points—I usually try to park the bigger vehicles there.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Baracus Baracus is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I just found the game but that is a wickedly awesome score there! Do we ever get a legitimately handicapped person to use the handicap space?



So those little private spaces up top are a blessing with their own walls to assist your braking?
Haha thanks but you will see it's really not that great. You can see I missed the easy slots at the top (yes those walls are there to help you get max cash in those spaces) and I missed the VIP car which gives 50!!

There is never a disabled one - you just have to leave that spot free or you'll get a penalty.

Good luck and post your best screen result here when you get some practice in!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:57 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Haha thanks but you will see it's really not that great. You can see I missed the easy slots at the top (yes those walls are there to help you get max cash in those spaces) and I missed the VIP car which gives 50!!

There is never a disabled one - you just have to leave that spot free or you'll get a penalty.

Good luck and post your best screen result here when you get some practice in!
Sometimes it feels pretty arbitrary as to what indicates a $5 vs. $10, but I've at least once gotten $59 (with a "Good Job" performance rating)!

How can folk get scores in the multi-hundreds? Wouldn't $240 be the absolute highest possible (19-$10 + 1-$50)?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Boardumb's Avatar
Boardumb Boardumb is offline
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Sometimes it feels pretty arbitrary as to what indicates a $5 vs. $10, but I've at least once gotten $59 (with a "Good Job" performance rating)!

How can folk get scores in the multi-hundreds? Wouldn't $240 be the absolute highest possible (19-$10 + 1-$50)?
Score over $100 and you'll see Also I wrote a little tips thing about this game: http://toucharcade.com/2014/01/15/no...s-valet-guide/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
slewis7 slewis7 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickX12 View Post
$2.99? No way. It looks fun, but not $2.99 worth of fun...

You must be new around here. Post count confirms it ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Score over $100 and you'll see Also I wrote a little tips thing about this game: http://toucharcade.com/2014/01/15/no...s-valet-guide/
Until I read your review I didn't even realize there were two other maps! Both so cool in their own ways.

So how does the ambulance work? I assume I'm not parking it but running over injured people? Can I MAKE money with the ambulance or will it at best only negate the penalty?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-31-2014, 08:42 AM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,971
Default

Holy shite this game is hard. But it's certainly growing on me. I bought it solely based on the comments contained in this thread and I must say: you guys sure can pick em
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent