Game Team looking for iPhone Coder

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by dogmeat, Apr 13, 2009.

1. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Hello all,

We're currently in start-up mode with 2 official concepts and a small team of creative professionals who work in the industry as it stands.

We are looking for a production coder to facilitate the development of these 2 initial games. Payment will be worked out in contract form prior to development work being started. The terms of payment are solely dependant on how much money the game(s) generate from the app store. This will all be pre-laid out in the contract and no-one gets paid unless the game makes money.

Future games will work in this same fasion.

As for the work required, nothing complicated here. Nothing 3d, nothing involving physics or the accelerometer. My team is comprised of industry veterans and retro gamers, our motto is to bring back that feeling that has been completely lost in games of today, the retro feeling.

So while we aren't looking for the most advanced coder around, we are looking for someone in the intermediate range who will actually get the work done, and within the guidelines set by the project.

If you are interested in working with our team, please private message me here on the forums with some basic information about yourself including your iPhone work experience or any relevant work experience having to do with coding.

If you need to be paid right away, we're definitely not the team for you, but if you are making an investment into your gaming future, come work with us and we'll help make that investment a true reality.

2. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Yo man...sounds like you're loooking for me!

3. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Ok, then send off the info like the others. Thanks :)

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Do you guys need help in making a website or anything like that? (PM me)

5. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, the parent company is a web design company, so we don't need much there, but what are your qualifications as far as web design go?

CSS
    Programming languages? JS? PHP? Perl?
    DB Skills?
    Design Skills?

What are your strong suits, still haven't gotten any info from spotlight.

6. Thaurin

Thaurin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    This sounds really interesting. Unfortunately, I'm still developing my iPhone skills. I have no apps in the store yet. I do work as a C# developer during the day, mostly database-driven webapps. Anyway, good luck! I'm sure there are loads of people more qualified than me.

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    @dogmeat

I PMed you.
    With a little info