Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    #1 Fox-One-1, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: Here is first Secret Gameplay video Part 1!

Dear Toucharcade audience, it is my pleasure to announce you first that we Cornfox & Bros. are working on new adventure title called Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas!

First concepts and game design drafts of Oceanhorn was made in the beginning of 2010, right after we established our company. But instead of Oceanhorn, we began the development of Death Rally later that spring together with Mountain Sheep. One and a half years and eight Death Rally updates later - we are ready to go back for an adventure!

You can follow up the development of Oceanhorn from our dedicated blog: oceanhorn.blogspot.com, but most of the content (and more) will be updated to this thread as well.

Here are the contents of the first blog post!

Development of Oceanhorn began from our love towards old console adventure games, where instead of looting dungeons and grinding XP you explored the world and solved puzzles and followed dusty maps to find treasures from the remains of old temples and castles. We want to deliver that experience, where instead of taking care of boring chores you can have an adventure of your lifetime in a highly detailed fantasy land.

[​IMG]

Oceanhorn is an ancient sea monster that terrorizes the World of Uncharted Seas. The game puts you in the boots of a nameless hero who, in order to save his sister, must slay this monster for good. In this game, the world is open for exploration by foot or by boat, but beware - the sea monster can attack at any time and ill-prepared travelers will meet their early demise.​

Equip your boat with new sails, hulls or even with forgotten technology like Smog Engine to outwit Oceanhorn in battle. Roam the lands and explore ancient ruins to find the legendary Coral Harpoon. Learn the history of the Uncharted Seas. What happened to the civilization whose cities now lay in ruins?

Experience the adventure in 2012! More info coming soon! ;)

[​IMG]

2. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Wow! It looks great!

I hope it'll run on my 3GS.. :p

3. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow. Looks sweet.

5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Death Rally was awesome and these screens look great! This game is officially on my radar. :D

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    looks yummy!

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Well the screenshot looks good but def need more info.

8. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    This looks great I'm a sucker for Zelda like games! I'll have to keep my eye on this!

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Omg omg omg :eek:

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    +1 to this, but you've definitely piqued my interest.

11. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    From what I see and read it sounds like a game I would love. Hope they take a lot of care and time with this which sound like what they are doing.

12. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    *Jaw Dropped*

13. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    "Oceanhorn-iPhone4S-bullshot.png" has me a little concerned. =P How similar to this do you expect the final game to look?

Graphics aside, sounds like an interesting game. Definitely something I'm going to be keeping me eye(s) on.

14. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Hope this isn't a 'demo' game....as in, 2 hours and you're done.

15. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Looks great. Lovin the art style. Was, sorry am, a big fan of Death Rally too.

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks awesome, and cheers for going against the grinding formula. Can't wait for video.

It's from the Death Rally devs so I know it'll get great support. :)

17. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    [​IMG]

Why the "A" button? instead of a sword or action icon? Is that button multi purpose?

18. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    This looks really fantastic! Everything from the gorgeous art style to the adventurous premise hits all the right notes.

Can't wait to see more of Ocenahorn. :D

19. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I like Zelda has no XP system.
    I like Death Rally.:D
    I like this game cartoon art style.
    How many game hours does it provide?

20. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Thank you everybody for your supporting comments!

Game, hud and art is still very much work in progress. Everything you can see in the bullshot is ingame assets though and reason it is named bullshot instead of screenshot is because some of the effects are still missing from our game engine. Final result will look different, but with normal and specular maps (missing from the screenshot) it will propably look better - but we will see!

In the core of development of Oceanhorn is 3D-tile world editor called "OCEAN Tile-based Worlds", developed together with Mountain Sheep (We share the same office ;)), but I will post more details and screenshots of that later. Thanks to efficient level tools, game will be packed with content.

Thanks again and stay tuned folks!