★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

12-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Fingerprint magnet....I hate that.
Better than Fingerprint + Scratchmagnet though I guess (I'm looking at you, iPod...)

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 12-17-2011 at 09:16 AM.
12-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Better than Fingerprint + Scratchmagnet though I guess (I'm looking at you, iPod...)
Everything is a scratch magnet if you scratch it. My iPod screen is perfect.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

12-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Everything is a scratch magnet if you scratch it. My iPod screen is perfect.
Not the screen, the back. It is pretty much impossible to keep that scratch free. I bet that isn't the case with what I'm assuming is plastic on the back of the Vita.

By the way, this channel seems to have some pretty good videos showing what the Vita does: http://www.youtube.com/user/skyghene22/videos (And the dude there talks in english!)
12-17-2011, 02:36 PM
O
Quote:
Thats true...I have a silicone case on my ipod so that helps, but it still has a few small scratches. Hoping to get the same for the Vita, although the back won't be protected fully because of the touch panel.
12-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure if I get this at launch.. I might wait a few months. It might be what 3DS was months ago. The games I'll probably be most interested would be Uncharted and BioShock...

With the cost of $249.99 (?) and possibly $40-$60 games (+ accessories), I would be looking at $400+ spent. I would have liked it if it were $199.99 (?).

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
12-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
I'm not sure if I get this at launch.. I might wait a few months. It might be what 3DS was months ago. The games I'll probably be most interested would be Uncharted and BioShock...

With the cost of $249.99 (?) and possibly $40-$60 games (+ accessories), I would be looking at $400+ spent. I would have liked it if it were $199.99 (?).
Mobile games are usually cheaper than that though, right? (I mean 40$ max)
And if the rumors are true, then downloading games via PSN will be like 30% cheaper...
12-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Not the screen, the back. It is pretty much impossible to keep that scratch free. I bet that isn't the case with what I'm assuming is plastic on the back of the Vita.

By the way, this channel seems to have some pretty good videos showing what the Vita does: http://www.youtube.com/user/skyghene22/videos (And the dude there talks in english!)
Oh yeah, the back's a bit scuffed up. I don't care about that part though, it just makes it look like somebody owns it

I wouldn't get the Vita at launch either, despite my hopes it'll finally provide console quality gaming on the move. The best-looking launch games to me are the ones which already exist on PS3 anyway. Stuff like Uncharted and Wipeout, which aren't quite as fun as a new IP, and while a couple of new games have been announced, it's way too risky getting excited over those when looking back to the likes of Red Steel for the Wii. They could quite easily be considered utter crap by this time next year.

It's the same story for all consoles though, hold back until the library is significant enough to make it worth your money. Nothing is more important than a good selection of games.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 12-18-2011 at 09:43 AM.
12-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Oh yeah, the back's a bit scuffed up. I don't care about that part though, it just makes it look like somebody owns it

I wouldn't get the Vita at launch either, despite my hopes it'll finally provide console quality gaming on the move. The best-looking launch games to me are the ones which already exist on PS3 anyway. Stuff like Uncharted and Wipeout, which aren't quite as fun as a new IP, and while a couple of new games have been announced, it's way too risky getting excited over those when looking back to the likes of Red Steel for the Wii. They could quite easily be considered utter crap by this time next year.

It's the same story for all consoles though, hold back until the library is significant enough to make it worth your money. Nothing is more important than a good selection of games.
Well atleast you can buy PSP games for it, wich is good for people like me who really want to play the Ace Combat games for the psp, but don't want to buy an outdated console. I see what you mean though, because if you're buying it only for the Vita games waiting is probably the best idea.
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
This guy's youtube channel has a lot of good PS Vita videos(in english!!!!).

He has the standard unboxing vid, but he has other vids showing off how the Vita plays PSP games, remote play, web browser, PSN store, and other neat stuff.
12-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
This guy's youtube channel has a lot of good PS Vita videos(in english!!!!).

He has the standard unboxing vid, but he has other vids showing off how the Vita plays PSP games, remote play, web browser, PSN store, and other neat stuff.
LoL, I already posted a link to his channel on this verry page.

Quote: