★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch

05-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
Man playing minecraft and some sshole comes in just to destroy everything sheesh worse thing is he is over 30 yrs old :/
You can keep people out of your game, do you have it open to the public?
05-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
You can keep people out of your game, do you have it open to the public?
Idk how to do it on the switch?? I cudnt see anything in options?

05-15-2017, 02:21 PM
I've never played Minecraft either, so this may sound weird. Isn't the destruction part of the game?
05-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess View Post
I've never played Minecraft either, so this may sound weird. Isn't the destruction part of the game?
Its more about creation, you have to cause destruction to create meaning break rocks to mine and so forth but not to destroy what someone has spent time making...thats just called being an arsehole.
So to answer your question no destruction is not part of the game, minecraft is the complete opposite its about creating.
05-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Well it looks like I'm going to have to buy Minecraft and give it a go. As I mentioned before I wanted to buy a Switch for my niece and nephew, but the wife was giving me the glowering "no you won't" stare.

But to hell with that, she's at work so she can't stop me I've just bought them a Switch and a few games. Can't wait to see their wee faces.

But that means my nephew will be nagging me even more to play Minecraft with him, so I guess I'll take the plunge and see what all the fuss is about. It's not expensive anyway, so even if I hate it, it's no great loss.

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
05-25-2017, 10:35 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
The idea of playing Shovel Knight on a tablet/phone with touchscreen controls makes me cringe. Though to be fair, the non-dpad on the Switch would also make me cringe for this type of game. I'd have to use a pro controller on the Switch for shovel knight. I know some people can play platformers with an analog stick, but for me that's way too imprecise.
05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The idea of playing Shovel Knight on a tablet/phone with touchscreen controls makes me cringe. Though to be fair, the non-dpad on the Switch would also make me cringe for this type of game. I'd have to use a pro controller on the Switch for shovel knight. I know some people can play platformers with an analog stick, but for me that's way too imprecise.
The Switch joycon d-pad honestly doesn't bother me any more. I think it would be more annoying for something like Street Fighter II, as you can't really roll it, but it's absolutely fine for Shovel Knight. I stopped noticing it after the first 10 minutes or so.

I guess if I were also still playing a PS4 or Xbox or something, it would bother me more, but the joycons are the only physical controls I'm currently using.

As for touchscreen controls on platformers, I agree - but I just played through Adventures of Pip on iOS a week or two ago. Initially struggled, but after a few levels I got used to the virtual controls, eventually going for the floating joystick and big opaque buttons. Damn, that is a seriously good platform game.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
05-25-2017, 04:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
I've tried numerous iOS platformers and have never gotten use to the controls. The only ones that really worked for me were the super simple ones that were basically one button runners. And sure some of them look nice, like the Rayman ones, and that are kind of fun, but not really that fun.
05-25-2017, 06:55 PM
My Switch is collecting dust just saying...
05-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
My Switch is collecting dust just saying...
What are you playing instead? Just curious.

Anyone giving the ARMS testpunch a go?

Edit: What happened to Alexythimia's comments about the small library of AAA titles? Seemed like fair comment to me.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589

Last edited by OrangutanKungfu; 05-26-2017 at 08:50 AM.