★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Sorry, but for me this is the least entertaining and least exciting title of the series.
Have to agree. It seems slightly lacking in focus for some reason.

Still supporting with purchases as I love Beavertap, but I'm not feeling this as much as the other Mikey games I have to say.

Feels kind of, I don't know, bite-sized perhaps?
11-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Are all the levels basically one screen?

Also how to remove ads? If any IAP removes the ads the devs should highlight this.

11-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Definitely not on par with the other Mikey games, but still fun. I miss hunting down shorts though
11-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Played around with it for a few minutes and liked it enough to go and buy the trilogy bundle ($3.00) since I am new to the series. Now I have a whole lot of playing to do..
11-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Was really looking forward to this and had really high expectations giving how much I loved the first three. I know this won't be a popular opinion here, but I feel like this one is a let down. Maybe they were going for something different (and I get you can't always make everyone happy), but this feels like something that could have come out prior to Mikey Shorts.

Would have been great to have that Mikey world that combined all three styles.

Still big fan of these guys and will support.
11-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Definitely a let down. It lacks the speed run focus, which was the main attraction of the previous games and provided them with much of their replayability. It's an ok game, but I don't have much of an urge to continue playing this one.

I loved the first three though, some of the absolute best gaming on the platform, which is why this one feels like such a disappointment.
11-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Great game!! Level 20-10 is tough!! I miss the Golden Shorts and the speed runs, but trying to perfect every level is challenging as well. Congrats
11-10-2016, 01:35 AM
iOS 9 and higher? What's up with that?
11-10-2016, 02:48 AM
I'm a little surprised at the reception Mikey Jumps is getting. As someone who loves all the Mikey games (including this one) I expected to see everyone loving this one too.

I had the honor of beta testing and the best comparison would be to Mr Jump, but turn down the difficulty a few notches. I gave some feedback but these guys always seemed to be a step ahead (Mike M had me cracking up constantly over Twitter DM ).

The jumping and other mechanics work flawlessly, and all the different backgrounds and colors are really well done. It's a joy to beat that level you've been stuck on for ages. I love how they integrated all the components of the other Mikey games into one. It's brilliant, IMO.

So, if you go in expecting a traditional Mikey platformer you may be disappointed, but for me, Mikey Jumps is the perfect compliment to Beavertap's library.
11-10-2016, 03:01 AM
I'm with AKD

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker