★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-10-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm really loving this game. Great job, BTG

Also I think the endless Mulligans at the start of each level is ingenious

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 11-10-2016 at 09:55 AM.
11-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Me too. I didn't test it but am not disappointed. It's a different game to the others. I just replayed all three of the others plus the halloween one over the last two weeks and this really is the perfect complement to it (as AKD says). It's like Mr Jump and also kinda puts me in mind of that Mr Karoshi game from Donkeys ago - without the killing yourself part. I remember when Boots came out my youngest son didn't dig it as much as shorts and hooks but after playing Jumps this morning he says that this is his favourite yet. Whilst I can't say it's my favourite in the Mikey canon (yet) I'm loving it more than anything else this week - it's even taken me away from Imbroglio and Yankai's Triangle.

Last edited by slamraman; 11-10-2016 at 09:24 AM.

11-10-2016, 11:47 PM
I think this is an excellent execution of the quick level format they were going for. Reminds me of Mr Jump as well, and also the more recent Nekosan. I love all these games. I can see how one might see this as an unexpected game, but not a disappointing one.

Trying to get through the last few set of levels, I kept thinking there's no way I'm getting no-hit achievements for these. Some of those Boots sections are killers. But I got em all

Check out my game Risky Bee!
11-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
I think this is an excellent execution of the quick level format they were going for. Reminds me of Mr Jump as well, and also the more recent Nekosan. I love all these games. I can see how one might see this as an unexpected game, but not a disappointing one.

Trying to get through the last few set of levels, I kept thinking there's no way I'm getting no-hit achievements for these. Some of those Boots sections are killers. But I got em all

Thought that too, my heart was beating like crazy on 20-10 but got it as well 😁
11-11-2016, 02:15 AM
A+++++ WOULD BUY AGAIN

seriously MikeG and qpawn you guys never disappoint. Lovin it!
11-11-2016, 09:35 AM
They ventured with a different format than all the other Mikeys, I'm probably more a fan of the original format but this may get its fans.
11-11-2016, 09:45 AM
At first i didn't like it as much as the previous mikey games. But now i like the "go as far as possible without losing a life"-challenge VERY much
11-11-2016, 12:42 PM
The first few screens I was a bit disappointed since it was so much simpler than the previous games. But after completing several of the worlds, I now think it's completely brilliant. I love that we can hook again (my favorite mechanic from the previous entries).

If you were let down at first, keep playing. Combining all the elements of the last few games into a more "bite-size" package that fits in with current mobile trends is a stroke of genius.

Also, the pay model is absurdly fair. The only reason to buy the doubler is to support Beavertap (which you should, especially since I didn't see much featuring for this in the App Store). I bought the More Lives IAP.

One minor criticism: On my iPad Air tapping doesn't seem quiiiiite as responsive as I'd like. I'm used to it though, and it's not a huge deal.

Request: Can we get some kind of visual cue (medal or something) on the level select screen when we collect all coins on a level and when we complete one without losing hearts? More incentive to replay.

My power-pop band is on iTunes.

Last edited by sweetdiss; 11-11-2016 at 12:48 PM.
11-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post

Also, the pay model is absurdly fair. The only reason to buy the doubler is to support Beavertap (which you should, especially since I didn't see much featuring for this in the App Store). I bought the More Lives IAP.
It's featured in Mexico, but I agree, very fair model. Don't buy More Lives!! The challenge is great, and you even need to perfect each area to earn achievements.
11-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Just wanted to pop in real quick and thank you all for the support! I'm glad most of you are enjoying the game, but I completely understand expectations for another full-fledged Mikey game. But this is what we were going for: a harder, bite-sized Mikey game that is familiar yet very different. Thanks to Shaun and TA for the great Mikey Jumps review on the front page now, and our icon made it into the US App Store feature list refresh today. So we are very excited at the moment!

And congrats to Matt33 and Neca for finishing the game and perfecting all areas! That is a serious achievement, and I'm amazed at how fast you two accomplished it!