★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Loving this! I miss their numbered icons though.

Question: I earned a golden medal badge on 1-13 but have no idea how. Anyone know?

Edit: Hmm, I'm thinking it's when you beat the best 3-star goal. So if 3-stars on a level is two shots but you make it in 1, then you get the golden medal.

Last edited by smes3817; 04-12-2017 at 06:08 PM.
04-13-2017, 05:44 AM
Another great title from Donut Games.

Does anyone know if the IAP removes the ads? They're not too much of a problem,but everytime one plays,the install size of the game rises (mine's currently at about 50mb now).Which is a shame,because as with most Donut Games titles,the install size is tiny.

Last edited by retrogamOR; 04-13-2017 at 05:46 AM.

04-13-2017, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Loving this! I miss their numbered icons though.

Question: I earned a golden medal badge on 1-13 but have no idea how. Anyone know?

Edit: Hmm, I'm thinking it's when you beat the best 3-star goal. So if 3-stars on a level is two shots but you make it in 1, then you get the golden medal.
I think you maybe talking about the "Golden Goal" medal.... I've gotten that when getting a "hole in one"
04-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogamOR View Post

Does anyone know if the IAP removes the ads? They're not too much of a problem,but everytime one plays,the install size of the game rises (mine's currently at about 50mb now).Which is a shame,because as with most Donut Games titles,the install size is tiny.
Curious as well, anyone know?
04-13-2017, 06:45 AM
Golden Points

Getting a 3-star rating can be seen as completing a course on par, using golf terminology.

Completing a course with fewer shots is considered a Golden Goal, and you get one Golden Point for each shot under par:

I.e.
1 Golden Point = 1 Under Par = Birdie
2 Golden Points = 2 Under Par = Eagle

(We've even managed to squeeze 3 Golden Points on a few levels during development. )

Personally, I'm really thrilled to see how many Golden Points our fans will be able to squeeze out of these 80 courses now that the game is out there among the REAL gamers.

Donut Games - 100% Indie, 0% Investors
04-13-2017, 06:54 AM
Still not seeing this on the US app store. Is the rollout limited somehow?

Founder of Super Serious Company

Working on Egg Peg
04-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogamOR View Post

Does anyone know if the IAP removes the ads?
No, the IAP simply adds more coins - a whole bunch of them, but with same functionality as the ones you collect throughout the courses.

We figured this was the most fair approach since it means players on a limited budget can still unlock all levels by being diligent collectors instead of paying. But anyone looking to unlock all characters without IAPs will need to spend quite some time collecting.

So again, you can't remove the ads altogether, but they are only triggered every now and then when unlocking new courses. So once you've unlocked them all, you can backtrack as much as you like without watching another ad.
Of course, you can trigger still them manually (the icon in the top-right corner) if you want the extra 25 coins reward from time to time.

Hope this makes sense!

04-13-2017, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutGames View Post
Getting a 3-star rating can be seen as completing a course on par, using golf terminology.

Completing a course with fewer shots is considered a Golden Goal, and you get one Golden Point for each shot under par:

I.e.
1 Golden Point = 1 Under Par = Birdie
2 Golden Points = 2 Under Par = Eagle

(We've even managed to squeeze 3 Golden Points on a few levels during development. )

Personally, I'm really thrilled to see how many Golden Points our fans will be able to squeeze out of these 80 courses now that the game is out there among the REAL gamers.
Thanks for the clarification! Even after all these years, I still get ridiculously excited for a new Donut Games game. Keep them coming!
04-13-2017, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
Still not seeing this on the US app store. Is the rollout limited somehow?
No, it should be available in all territories. But it seems there are some problems with some iTunes / App Store servers. :O

I'll try to get in contact with Apple.

04-13-2017, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Thanks for the clarification! Even after all these years, I still get ridiculously excited for a new Donut Games game. Keep them coming!
And it's always ridiculously exciting to release a new game.

I always tend to underestimate the thrill and nervousness connected to a new release, especially the first 1 or 2 days. You never know how people will react, so it has been really comforting to read your positive feedback in here. Thanks for appreciating our work!