★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-26-2017, 03:28 PM
I've only played the first level and I really enjoyed it but unless I'm being really stupid and it gets explained in the next few levels Idont quite get it.

I'm building castles that sit next to gold coins to expand my terrirory, get gold and build soldiers to capture enemies. I get that. What I don't get yet is the relationship between gold, soldiers and gems (if that makes sense). I generate gems to build castles I think, but I don't get what the green virus looking things are or what the amount of gold I have means or why the value of gems means.

It's probably me being a bit silly and I'm going to feel very daft if the next level explains all.....
04-26-2017, 04:10 PM
No problem @orangecan

The mechanics are explained over the first few levels, but here are the essentials to help you conquer your foes:

Stone (grey)- used to build castles
Gold- produces soldiers automatically
Harvested Land- (green) slowly upgrades castles

All three of these resources are automatically farmed from the blank "empty" hexes within your castle's borders.

Resource hexes provide far more stone, gold, or fertile land than empty land. Build near these hexes to increase your bounty and chances of victory.

Multiple castles around a single resource don't farm more from that hex, so spread out your territory.
Upgraded castles have more health, expanded borders, and collect more resources.

If you're waiting to gather more resources, hit that fast forward button at the top right to speed up time. This isn't a freemium game built on microtransactions after all!

I hope that helps. Feel free to keep asking questions!

May your moustache guide you to victory,
Cleveland T. Mosher, Castle Battles Writer/Illustrator

04-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Arc Studio View Post
No problem @orangecan

The mechanics are explained over the first few levels, but here are the essentials to help you conquer your foes:

Stone (grey)- used to build castles
Gold- produces soldiers automatically
Harvested Land- (green) slowly upgrades castles

All three of these resources are automatically farmed from the blank "empty" hexes within your castle's borders.

Resource hexes provide far more stone, gold, or fertile land than empty land. Build near these hexes to increase your bounty and chances of victory.

Multiple castles around a single resource don't farm more from that hex, so spread out your territory.
Upgraded castles have more health, expanded borders, and collect more resources.

If you're waiting to gather more resources, hit that fast forward button at the top right to speed up time. This isn't a freemium game built on microtransactions after all!

I hope that helps. Feel free to keep asking questions!

May your moustache guide you to victory,
Cleveland T. Mosher, Castle Battles Writer/Illustrator
That's a brilliant explanation thank you very much, makes everything a lot clearer
04-26-2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
That's a brilliant explanation thank you very much, makes everything a lot clearer
Happy to help!
04-27-2017, 12:15 AM
I have an issue at tutorial 3. The one which intro the green her. I built a couple of castle near the green hexes and stone hexes.. After 3 castles it stop building it building very slowly... I tried twice and same thing happened... Any ideas
04-27-2017, 01:13 AM
OK I got the gist of the game already.. I am on to chapter 7. It's kinda easy once I understand the mechanics.. Great game.
My gripe is that because of the purplish background sometimes I can see anything on the text. I need to move around to a black background to see the white text. Maybe that can be fixed?
04-27-2017, 01:56 AM
@RinoaHeartily
Happy to hear that everything clicked for you mechanically. I hope you still feel that way for your first boss fight!
Do you mean the prompted tutorial text is what you're having trouble seeing? We can look into making it more visible in a future patch. If it is the tutorial text, then you shouldn't personally see any more of it if you're on level seven. But we'll play around with making it more visible for future players.
04-27-2017, 02:02 AM
Good job devs!
04-27-2017, 02:18 AM
Looks very colourful. Does it have cloud saving so I can continue progress on multiple devices and multiplayer?
04-27-2017, 04:47 AM
My sound problems from earlier kinda fixed themselves, after reinstalling app.

The moustachiers campaign was fun, but VERY easy on normal, only the ninth mission gave a bit of a challenge.

Does difficulty increase in campaigns 2-4?
Do other factions have some unique gameplay features, compared to moustachiers?