★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Video would be good.
Give people a taste of that original music, too.
04-27-2017, 09:15 AM
What's the advantage of grouping them like a hive? I see the enemies doing that

04-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB-Symbol1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	113690

First paragraph's Tldr: "Thanks yall!"
Wow, it's so nice to see three pages of constructive comments and compliments. Kudos to the Touch Arcade community! Our launch might not have seen many downloads, but we're happy to see that the people getting the game are enjoying it! We're currently working up a flashier icon to draw people's eye, but at the end of the day it all comes down to word of mouth and continued outreach on our part. Thanks again to all those playing and sharing!

I'd use quotes, but it would make this massive comment response even larger. So I'll just explain things in a way that makes good advice for everyone reading.

@TheSop Castle Battles saves to your game file in the traditional fashion. Cloud saving is another one of those online features we would love to look into, but we would require economic validation before pursuing it.

@Gdi Glad you're having fun and that your problem fixed itself! We found a pretty large gap of experience among beta testers for CB. So in many ways, "Normal Mode" is easy mode for the experienced strategy gamer. Feel free to bump up the difficulty to "Extreme Speed Mode" for that first impression challenge you're looking for. Collect those sweet trophies, yo!

Difficulty DOES increase through the campaigns, so no worries there. Enemies gain more advantage as the game progresses, matches get much more hectic and complex, and bosses get more powerful.

We are quite proud of the subtle complexity in the different faction's AI personalities. I won't go into detail because it spoils the fun of learning them as you poke and prod them in play. They might not have specific abilities, but there is more beneath the surface.

@HelperMonkey Next post I'll definitely show the trailer footage and links to the soundtrack. Thanks for expressing interest.

@RinoaHeartily Once you begin to predict your enemies movements, swarms are your best bet at survival. The most likely castle to be attacked is the one you just captured, so having a buffer of units is good insurance. At higher speeds and difficulties your left thumb "Select All Units" button is your best friend. Spam the heck out of it.
04-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Arc Studio View Post
Attachment 113690

@Gdi Glad you're having fun and that your problem fixed itself! We found a pretty large gap of experience among beta testers for CB. So in many ways, "Normal Mode" is easy mode for the experienced strategy gamer. Feel free to bump up the difficulty to "Extreme Speed Mode" for that first impression challenge you're looking for. Collect those sweet trophies, yo!

Difficulty DOES increase through the campaigns, so no worries there. Enemies gain more advantage as the game progresses, matches get much more hectic and complex, and bosses get more powerful.

We are quite proud of the subtle complexity in the different faction's AI personalities. I won't go into detail because it spoils the fun of learning them as you poke and prod them in play. They might not have specific abilities, but there is more beneath
Exactly the questions I was going to ask - just bought the full campaign, looking forward to playing it
04-27-2017, 05:24 PM
As requested...
Prepare for Battle trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Original Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAUWIcgPo80&t=2s

Here are links to buy the soundtrack by Ex-Static! Support indie music:
https://xstatic.bandcamp.com/album/t...les-soundtrack

Castle Battles OST:

Youtube link | Pop Up

EX-STATIC worked incredibly hard on this masterpiece of a soundtrack and it would mean the world to see them achieve success through it!

Last edited by Light Arc Studio; 04-27-2017 at 05:27 PM.
04-27-2017, 06:22 PM
I can't beat the boss!!! It's bloody hard!!!! Anyone beaten the boss!
04-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Finally did it

upload from web
04-27-2017, 06:54 PM
I adore the art, the entire aesthetic is refreshing and awesome.

Unfortunately, the gameplay did not grab me and I'm a pretty big strategy fan.
04-27-2017, 10:27 PM
Really really good game.
Better than Mushroom wars, for me.
Awesome job!
04-28-2017, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijipop View Post
Really really good game.
Better than Mushroom wars, for me.
Awesome job!
Mushroom was is a more complicated game. This is much easier to pick up and execute.