★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

what do you want from your next handheld gaming system?

05-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I'll wait to see how it works out but it blows my mind a modern portable media device didn't support it, I still love the idea of playing skyrim on the go though.

Don't get me started, I still can't believe Sony decided to go backwards with the PS4. Playstation 3, fine connect any Bluetooth headset you want. PS4, no, we've decided we can make more money by only allowing licensed Bluetooth headsets to connect directly.

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
05-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlou View Post
Don't get me started, I still can't believe Sony decided to go backwards with the PS4. Playstation 3, fine connect any Bluetooth headset you want. PS4, no, we've decided we can make more money by only allowing licensed Bluetooth headsets to connect directly.
I think Sony make completely idiotic decisions myself, I actually think they do themselves some serious damage and lose ton's of money due to greedy restrictions, I think I already mentioned the useless Sony Vita cards are imho what sunk what could have been a perfect portable console.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

Last edited by Teknikal; 05-14-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: drunk
05-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I think Sony make completely idiotic decisions myself, I actually think they do themselves some serious damage and lose ton's of money due to greedy restrictions, I think I already mentioned the useless Sony Vita cards are imho what sunk what could have been a perfect portable console.

It's like you can read my mind

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
05-14-2017, 12:33 PM
I have a related question. Excluding the Switch, What is the best handheld console on the market right now and why?
05-14-2017, 02:25 PM
I have almost every cartridge based, hand held console ever created (starting with game boy, game gear and atari lynx).

Imho switch is number one.
So switch 2 (or advance ) with extra power and much much better battery would be amazing!
Oh, strong 3rd party support from day one would be nice too.