★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A SIGNAL WAS DETECTED NEAR THE TRAPPIST SYSTEM=
PLANETS APPEAR UNINHABITED=
STRANGE OBJECT FOUND ORBITING DYING STAR=
SOME SORT OF TRANSPORTATION DEVICE=
I CAN SEE SOMETHING=

Welcome to the TRAPPIST System. A monolith was recently discovered dotted with obelisks emitting holographic glyphs and binary controls. What could they mean? Enter the sequences to travel further into the unknown, and unearth a deeper mystery that may never be fully understood.

Due to the nature of this voyage, your screen has been outfitted with vacuum-tolerant pixaels, a more resilient form of pixel. This does however preclude the use of advertisements or in-visor purchases. A complimentary synthwave mix-tape has been included to mitigate space-madness.

INSERT COIN

Boardumb's comments:

05-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Yeah, okay...this has no right to be as much fun as it is.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

05-12-2017, 05:18 PM
I know! I know!

I am going into a world of geometric bliss! So proud of myself when I got to the third world!
05-12-2017, 05:30 PM
It does look tempting, due to the HUGE 2001 aspects, alone.
05-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Gameplay vid from KickMyGeek:

řƹȡ1
05-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Me, after playing the first level: How on earth could this possibly get interesting?
Me, five worlds later: I am totally hooked. Never let this end.

Between this, Faraway, and Tallnum, this week has been one of the best puzzle-y hauls in a while!
05-12-2017, 06:26 PM
How does the gameplay work? Like, what do the buttons on each side do?

řƹȡ1
05-12-2017, 06:37 PM
They're not dynamic puzzles that respond to your input; I'd say they're spatial memory puzzles.

Which apparently I'm good at, because the game has ended an hour after I downloaded it it was a very fun hour though, and it's such a unique concept I'm glad I played it! The ending sequence is beautiful.
05-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Not sure how I feel about this yet. I'm on the third world. It does get tricky, but I'm not 100% clear on the rules when patterns don't go in only one direction. Sometimes I'm surprised when my solution actually works. I like the whole presentation, though. Sadly, no iCloud. I was hoping it would have it since it plays in either portrait or landscape.

05-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Just finished this. At first, solutions seemed random but there are a few simple rules to discover. I definitely recommend this for puzzle fans. Its completely original, the presentation is great and the music alone is worth the asking price. I hope there's more levels to come.