★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Hell yeah!!

I am LOVING this game!!! It's so well done. I love the price. I love the control. I love pretty much everything.

You really cannot go wrong here.

Billy
Yeah, my sentiments too. And with both leaderboard styles on top of the story...infinite replayability
05-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard74 View Post
My very first computer was an Acorn Electron, now does anybody in here remember that chunky breadbin!

Regarding the game, I'm loving it, nice gradual difficulty ramping with some fun replayability with the Hard mode to get the gold medals and lots of different characters/weapon customisations to beat the levels. Seeing that Rainbow Islands character also made me nostalgic for the Amiga 500 version of that game, a perfect coin-up conversion 😁
Acorn Electron was my first computer too Someone recently gave me a spare Electron, one day I'll get it modded to run in the USA where I now live. Elite got me through some dark times.

But I digress, loving this game too

05-20-2017, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirpe View Post
Acorn Electron was my first computer too Someone recently gave me a spare Electron, one day I'll get it modded to run in the USA where I now live. Elite got me through some dark times.

But I digress, loving this game too
Well it's great to hear from a fellow Electron veteran! I played the hell out of the original Elite on that game, it was amazing at the time how they managed to fit an entire galaxy into 32K of memory, you definitely used your imagination back then 😁

Yes this game has some hidden depths to it, using different characters to strategically clear thise invaders/blocks, it's quite easy at the moment but I imagine it will get more challenging on the Hard setting.
05-20-2017, 05:38 AM
Speaking normal mode only...
The first hard nut to crack was level 40. I had to juggle (and buying) different characters to find a fitting one for this task. I'm on level 68 now, and between some damn hard shells, there are always some quite easy ones. When i think of beating all these levels in hard mode...oh boy, good luck, the replay ability is huge if you want to complete this game in full. HUGE.

Edit: i'm glad i can play any level in no order in hard mode. This helps a lot, since some of them are almost impossible to beat (without powerup). Maybe with some later coming unlocked characters it gets "easier".

Last edited by Qwertz555; 05-20-2017 at 11:14 AM.
05-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Total spontaneous buy and so worth it so far... I haven't tired without wifi yet but I'm assuming it'll work... I have two big flights coming up and know this will help pass the time!
05-20-2017, 04:00 PM
I can't believe this game isn't skyrocketing up the top charts...this is Arcade wizardry in its most refined form. Truly among the top arcade games I've played in years.
05-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Great game! Level 58 is really hard to beat!
05-21-2017, 03:49 AM
Just got through all 150 levels, amazing game~

Last edited by Wicuicad; 05-21-2017 at 04:59 AM.
05-21-2017, 05:09 AM
It's been a couple of days but I'm still amazed that Squeenix opted to go fully premium with this. Like, you can't effing put it down and there's nothing that gets in your way of this incredible time sink. It's also the perfect mix of arcade and strategic gameplay, effectively killing the need to play any other brick breakers until something this fresh comes along again.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
05-21-2017, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's been a couple of days but I'm still amazed that Squeenix opted to go fully premium with this. Like, you can't effing put it down and there's nothing that gets in your way of this incredible time sink. It's also the perfect mix of arcade and strategic gameplay, effectively killing the need to play any other brick breakers until something this fresh comes along again.
Well put my friend...