SNK Sale! Metal Slug 3 & KoF 2012 (6.99 > 3.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by AnarKitty, Aug 24, 2012.

1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA

METAL SLUG 3

SNK CORPORATION
    The legendary NEOGEO 2D action shooting masterpiece “METAL SLUG 3” heads out to iPhone devices! Use various weapons and …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The legendary NEOGEO 2D action shooting masterpiece “METAL SLUG 3” heads out to iPhone devices! Use various weapons and slugs to fight your way through and survive on the battlefield!! ■Not only a perfect port of the original NEOGEO game! In addition to its classic “ARCADE MODE”, this perfect conversion of “METAL SLUG 3” includes a “MISSION MODE”, allowing you to select in which stage you want to play! You can now train yourself in your favorite stages or those which give you a hard time! ■ Command many Slug vehicles like an ace! The Slugs are back and more colourful than ever, with Slug Mariners, Drill Slugs, and Elephant Slugs joining the original Metal Slugs and Slugnoids!! ■ Clear all routes via the branching map system!! A branching map system allowing you to take a different route to the end with each play-through, and an immense map of endless gameplay awaits you in “METAL SLUG 3”!! ■Intense cooperative gameplay via the Wi-Fi function! "METAL SLUG 3” can be doubly enjoyed by playing with another brother-in-arms simultaneously via the Wi-Fi function! Will you be able to clear the hardest stages with your friends? ■Compatible with “GAME CENTER”! Complete the maximum number of “ACHIEVEMENTS” in order to increase your "METAL SLUG 3" Player Rank! Beat the best scores and become World’s Number 1!!
    Information
    Seller:SNK CORPORATION
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 12, 2012
    Updated:Apr 19, 2022
    Version:1.5.1
    Size:148.2 MB
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012.

"KOF 20 th Anniversary" special sale announcement!

KOF will turn 20 this August 25th.
    In order to…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "KOF 20 th Anniversary" special sale announcement!

KOF will turn 20 this August 25th.
    In order to celebrate this unique event, SNK PLAYMORE's appliations will be available to purchase at
    Details

Guide a mother and her child as they embark on a journey through magical architecture, discovering illusionary pathways and delightful puzzles as you learn the secrets of the Sacred Geometry.

Sequel to the Apple Game of the Year 2014, Monument Valley 2 presents a brand new adventure set in a beautiful and impossible world. Help Ro as she teaches her child about the mysteries of the valley exploring stunning environments and manipulating architecture to guide them on their way.

=====

A STANDALONE ADVENTURE A completely new story from the Monument Valley universe. You don’t need to have previously played Monument Valley to enjoy Monument Valley 2.

INDIVIDUALLY CRAFTED PUZZLES Enjoy beautiful levels filled with illusory, meditative puzzles, using brand new interactions to explore the changing dynamics between characters.

CONTEMPORARY VISUALS Artwork inspired by an eclectic mixture of architectural styles, artistic movements and personal influences, each translated into stunning geometric structures.

BEAUTIFUL AUDIO Immerse yourself in uniquely melodic interactive soundscapes, tailored perfectly to every step of Ro and her child’s journey.

=====

Monument Valley 2 is only compatible with devices running iOS 9 or later.

.99 each
    Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to get the best of SNK on your favorite device at a very attractive price!

Sale duration: August 22nd ~ September 12th, 2014
    Sale price:
    Details

Guide a mother and her child as they embark on a journey through magical architecture, discovering illusionary pathways and delightful puzzles as you learn the secrets of the Sacred Geometry.

Sequel to the Apple Game of the Year 2014, Monument Valley 2 presents a brand new adventure set in a beautiful and impossible world. Help Ro as she teaches her child about the mysteries of the valley exploring stunning environments and manipulating architecture to guide them on their way.

=====

A STANDALONE ADVENTURE A completely new story from the Monument Valley universe. You don’t need to have previously played Monument Valley to enjoy Monument Valley 2.

INDIVIDUALLY CRAFTED PUZZLES Enjoy beautiful levels filled with illusory, meditative puzzles, using brand new interactions to explore the changing dynamics between characters.

CONTEMPORARY VISUALS Artwork inspired by an eclectic mixture of architectural styles, artistic movements and personal influences, each translated into stunning geometric structures.

BEAUTIFUL AUDIO Immerse yourself in uniquely melodic interactive soundscapes, tailored perfectly to every step of Ro and her child’s journey.

=====

Applications in sale:
    ・THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98
    ・THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97
    ・THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012
    ・THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i
    ・METAL SLUG 3
    ・METAL SLUG X
    ・METAL SLUG 2
    ・METAL SLUG 1
    ・SAMURAI SHODOWN II
    ・BLAZING STAR

“KOF-i 2012” is currently available at a reduced price! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!!
    "NESTS-Style KYO" and "IORI with the Power of Flames" extra characters are available at the small price of
    Details

=====

=====

.99 each!! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!!
    ------------------
    * If you have one of the following devices, please go to the download screen for "KOF-i 2012" from your device in order to download a compatible version of the application.

Relevant devices:
    · iPhone 3GS
    · iPod Touch (3rd gen.)
    · iPod Touch (4th gen.)
    · iPad (1st gen.)
    ------------------
    * The problem of compatibility with the Bluetooth funtion on iPhone 5S can be avoided by updating to iOS 7.0.3.
    ------------------

32 playable characters!! Fight against the strongest players from all over via Wi-Fi Network!! 6 different game modes available in SINGLE MODE to enjoy the game for hours and hours even alone! Simple Commands allow to easily perform any type of combo!
    The 2D versus fighting game “KOF-i” returns on iPhone / iPod touch with tons of new content like never before!!

■VS BATTLES FROM ALL OVER VIA WI-FI
    A"RANK VERSUS" Mode, in which your player ranking changes depending on your number of victories and losses, as well as a “FRIEND VERSUS” Mode, where your rank is not reflected, are available.
    Challenge the strongest players from all over!

■NEW CHARACTERS, NEW TEAMS
    In addition to the characters from he previous installment, the 4 new “ART OF FIGHTING”, “PSYCHO SOLDIER”, “KIM”, and “IKARI” teams (12 new characters), join the cast of "KOF-i”!! You can now create your favorite team from this formidable roster of 32 fighters!

■A SINGLE-PLAYER MODE RICH IN CONTENT
    6 game modes are available for thousands of hours of enjoyment even when playing alone: “SINGLE BATTLE” for 1-on-1 fights, “TEAM BATTLE” for classic KOF 3-on-3 gameplay, “ENDLESS” Mode to defeat as many opponents as possible with one character, "CHALLENGE" Mode to clear trials by fulfilling requirements, the newly introduced "TIME ATTACK" Mode to compete for the best clear times by winning 10 matches, and “TRAINING” Mode to get accustomed to the Virtual Pad-based controls and practice your combos.

■SIMPLE COMMANDS
    The Virtual Pad recreates perfectly reproduces KOF’s smooth controls. Even novice players in fighting games will be able to release various Special Moves, Super Special Moves, NEOMAX Super Special Moves, and other complex moves in one touch. With the Simple Commands, you can easily perform many of the game's fancy combos!!
    *Please refer to "TUTORIAL" Mode for an explanation of these commands.

■ADDITION OF TONS OF NEW TRADING CARDS, ILLUSTRATIONS, AND OTHER EXTRA CONTENT
    Plenty of new Trading Cards (that can be acquired by using points earned during gameplay) along with new Illustrations (which can be viewed at any time by fulfilling certain conditions) have been added to this latest release! Moreover, "KOF-i 2012" includes rough sketches and illustrations that can only be seen here, which fans cannot afford to miss!

■SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE OFADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
    2 additional characters, “NESTS-Style KYO” and “IORI with the Power of Flames” are available to download! (paid DLC)
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 03, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (26)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Nice to see SNK's two big-ticket 2012 releases on sale. I'm going to pick them both up now, and suspect others may too. :)

2. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Already got Metal Slug gonna grab KOF, thanks :)

3. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks! Gonna have to hop on Metal Slug now, with all the praise its been getting.

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Anyone know the uncompressed file size?

5. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    126 MB for Metal Slug 3.

Buy it!

6. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Sorry! I meant KOF-i 2012.

7. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    1.1 gigs

8. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    My next iPhone will be 32gigs, 16 is just too small :( Nova 3 and KOF eliminated the free space I had

9. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Dammit. I need to go get to deleting some apps then. I hoard too much though so I can never decide on what to get rid of :p

10. Me too, everyday I go through the same dilemna of what to delete.

Got Metal slug 3! haven't played it yet, but looking forward to it, cause I loved it in the arcades long ago.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The only reason I haven't picked up KoF is because I too have completely run out of space and honestly have a million other games that I'd rather have than a massively sized updated version of a game I had previously deleted because of space issues. :p

That said...your next iPhone? Get a 64gb, because you'll feel like 32gbs just isn't enough at some point down the line. :p

12. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    When I was debating the 32GB and 64GB I sty there looking at the price and thinking eh, I don't need to spend the extra 100. Boy was I extremely mad at myself afterwards. Bought both, had no room for either. I restored my iPhone because my other space was 5.3gb, but after restoring it, it only went down to 3.4GB :(

13. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    The only way to remove other from your ios device is restoring and setting it up as a new device don't restore from backup really pain in the @$$ I know I currently have 1.78gb other space on my iPhone and I don't want to restore so 1.78gb other space and about 2.4gb for OS and system I only got about 11.8gigs free space from the original 16 :mad:

14. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Well you know my country with the price of a 64gb iPhone I could get a new laptop and still got money to spare :D

15. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I have both and highly recommend them. :)

KOF 2012 is the best fighting game on the AppStore along with SF4 Volt.
    Metal Slug 3 is pure nostalgia.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, no kidding. I'm sure you know it's exactly the same situation here. :p

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Both $3.99 again.

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    AppVee was a tad critical of the controls on Metal Slug. Can anyone comment on this? Are they bad or have they been improved?

19. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    While the controls do work well this is the only game where I refuse to play with virtual controls. You simply must have a joystick and buttons like in the arcades back then for the true Metal Slug experience, but if you still want a nice, polished port with good controls this will fit the bill for Metal Slug fans. But to answer your question in short, the controls work very well and I've had no problem with them.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Banger, I understand your statement. The experience is not the same. And thanks for your honest assessment. Will probably get this.