Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Update 1.1 is now available to download! Please let us know what you think of the improvements
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Downloaded and will finally play this game and give it a review soon! Thank you for the update
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Downloaded and will finally play this game and give it a review soon! Thank you for the update
Awesome - look forward to hearing your feedback on it
Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Any imps on the game with the update. It looks like it could be good. Would like to hear before picking this one up. Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 07:32 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I recommend Pyramus, especially after the update. Fleet management is a lot easier with the toggle arrows. Now that ships automatically face and attack opponents action is much smoother to manage, still requiring careful strategy but no longer impeded by control/UI issues. The update resolves many of my concerns and leaves a challenging micro real time strategy game with good unit control (ship special abilities really add a lot). Hopefully we see more real time strategy games from Hunted Cow Studios.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Thanks undead, your reply is enough to make me buy. Purchasing now.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:36 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I have been eagerly waiting to play this game and bought it last night. I saw the new update was to fix the issues it had upon launch so this sealed the deal for me. I'm also a sucker for space battles.

Overall, everything looks pretty and nice. Visuals are easy on the eyes and the sound and music are good. The tutorial has you go through simple exercises to understand how you will be executing your commands and did a good job. The performance during this was also good.

I went on to the campaign only to be approached with some disappointment however. Everything was going well but for some reason I started to experience some major performance issues when engaged in battle. During close encounters, everything slowed down to a crawl where it feels like it changed from a real time strategy game to a crawl time strategy. This is not by design and performance should definitely be improved here. I found myself wondering if my skills were firing because of this. The main attack slows drastically too.

I also noticed that sometimes the ships would have a hard time going to the location I order them too, specifically when an obstacle was near the area such as an asteroid. Instead of going to the ordered spot, the ship would just hang out just before the asteroid and scratch its head.

I also wasn't feeling the individual selection for ships. You should be able to have your fleet move together instead of one by one. Instead you select a single ship and order it to go where you want it. Than you have to do the same with the other ships in your fleet. But sometimes this involves scrolling from one side of the map to the other which is less than ideal. I understand you would want to be able to send them individually as well but this isn't always the case. Especially when you need your supporting ship near to keep the fighters alive and kicking.

I like the pace of the game though and think it's very appropriate. It keeps a lot of the battle manageable and strategic. I think it can be an excellent title and a solid addition to HCS line-up. The biggest issue was the slow down and absolutely needs to be addressed. Next would be implementing an option to move your entire fleet or at least more than one at a time.

I think you guys did a great job with your idea and the production quality is great. I'd love to see a skirmish game type added to the scenario games but that is just a suggestion for future updates. That along with the fixes would put this game over the top.

Thanks for your communication in the forums and the great games you guys produce. Keep up the great work!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
Everything was going well but for some reason I started to experience some major performance issues when engaged in battle. During close encounters, everything slowed down to a crawl where it feels like it changed from a real time strategy game to a crawl time strategy. This is not by design and performance should definitely be improved here. I found myself wondering if my skills were firing because of this. The main attack slows drastically too.
Pleased to hear you are enjoying the game overall

Which device (inc. iOS version) are you noticing the slowdown on?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:47 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunted Cow Studios View Post
Pleased to hear you are enjoying the game overall

Which device (inc. iOS version) are you noticing the slowdown on?
Wow quick response! Super!

I am running it on an iPhone 4 with version iOS 6.1.3.