Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hey Lazer Kat!

Thank you for playing the game! Firstly, thank for all the kind words about the game: we really appreciate you taking the time to download and review Go Go Armadillo. We're also really glad your children enjoyed the game!

In regards to your feedback:
The game's adverts appear after every 5 levels or every 10 restarts of a level. The ads are either 5, 15 or 30 seconds long (Unfortunately, we cannot choose which length of ads are shown) and once the advert has played there is an option to close the advert. As you say there is an option to remove these ads for a small fee. There are two other types of IAPs:

The first IAP allows you to unlock the other chapters early: you can either pay 0.69 to unlock a chapter or finish 20 of the 25 previous levels in a 'gold medal' standard (completing it in 1 shot). We have this feature mainly for people to unlock later chapters if they want to try the content quickly.

The other IAP is an option to buy 5 'extra aim' upgrades. Normally, when the player aims they are given 2 bounce calculations to see where the armadillo will end up. When you use an 'extra aim' power-up, this increases to 4 bounce calculations. However, every level is designed with only the 2 bounce calculator in mind, so this upgrade is purely for those who desire extra assistance.

Most importantly, you can complete the game completely free without buying any IAPs or spending money.

However, due to this, we needed to implement a way of receiving some kind of income. We are just a two-man team who have worked on this game for 8 months. All of our life savings have gone into this game so we needed to be able to receive some form of money from players who do not wish to pay. Using adverts in the game was the only solution we could think of that allowed us to gain money (only 1 cent per ad view) with the player having a completely free experience. If users wish to support us, then we encourage them to pay to remove ads so that they can experience the game how it should be played.

This is an issue though because we are getting a few complaints from these ads. But without them there is no way we can support ourselves. We want to give the best experience possible to our players so if anybody knows a better solution please contact us as we are genuinely interested in working out a better solution.

Thank you for such a positive review though, it really does means a lot to us. If you have any other feedback we would love to hear it!
Thank you again,
Luke
Old 08-11-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoBox Games View Post
Hey Lazer Kat!

Thank you for playing the game! Firstly, thank for all the kind words about the game: we really appreciate you taking the time to download and review Go Go Armadillo. We're also really glad your children enjoyed the game!

In regards to your feedback:
The game's adverts appear after every 5 levels or every 10 restarts of a level. The ads are either 5, 15 or 30 seconds long (Unfortunately, we cannot choose which length of ads are shown) and once the advert has played there is an option to close the advert. As you say there is an option to remove these ads for a small fee. There are two other types of IAPs:

The first IAP allows you to unlock the other chapters early: you can either pay 0.69 to unlock a chapter or finish 20 of the 25 previous levels in a 'gold medal' standard (completing it in 1 shot). We have this feature mainly for people to unlock later chapters if they want to try the content quickly.

The other IAP is an option to buy 5 'extra aim' upgrades. Normally, when the player aims they are given 2 bounce calculations to see where the armadillo will end up. When you use an 'extra aim' power-up, this increases to 4 bounce calculations. However, every level is designed with only the 2 bounce calculator in mind, so this upgrade is purely for those who desire extra assistance.

Most importantly, you can complete the game completely free without buying any IAPs or spending money.

However, due to this, we needed to implement a way of receiving some kind of income. We are just a two-man team who have worked on this game for 8 months. All of our life savings have gone into this game so we needed to be able to receive some form of money from players who do not wish to pay. Using adverts in the game was the only solution we could think of that allowed us to gain money (only 1 cent per ad view) with the player having a completely free experience. If users wish to support us, then we encourage them to pay to remove ads so that they can experience the game how it should be played.

This is an issue though because we are getting a few complaints from these ads. But without them there is no way we can support ourselves. We want to give the best experience possible to our players so if anybody knows a better solution please contact us as we are genuinely interested in working out a better solution.

Thank you for such a positive review though, it really does means a lot to us. If you have any other feedback we would love to hear it!
Thank you again,
Luke
Believe me, I'm not bashing your methods of monetization. I understand as well as anyone the need for indie devs to benefit monetarily off of their work. I'm happy the market seems to be changing slowly towards a premium environment. Read the article about BAMF (which I will update this comment to link)

I wish you the best of luck, and like the game.

http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/25/bi...-as-paid-game/

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=60666

Edit:

At the risk of being ostracized from the community, one recommendation I would have is to implement an in game currency and shop that encouraged purchases (in a fair way of course), a currency-doubler, and a more reasonably priced remove ads purchase.
No offense to your work, but the price to remove the ads just seems a bit high to me compared to other games of similar quality and gameplay. I think what I'm saying is that if the ad removal was 1-2 bucks I would have already removed them. For 3 or 4 bucks I fear most people will simply hit the airplane mode button and remove the ads for free.

Some constructive criticism:
As I advance into more challenging levels, the level size keeps increasing. At the beginning, in order to achieve gold, it is important to be able to survey the entire landscape and choose the best path. In order to do this the player needs to be able to easily pan the environment and see all of the obstacles present. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't pan around.
If I pinch it zooms out a bit, but then goes back to the regular view.

If this isn't an option I think it definitely should be.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 08-11-2014 at 04:23 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 AM

Universal Gameplay