SquareEnix Wishlist/Realistic list

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Flrjcksn, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Flrjcksn

Flrjcksn Member

Jul 12, 2012
    As we all saw FFV is coming to ios, along with other squareenix or final fantasy games. This is easy, make a list of 5 games you want from square and then a list of 5 games you expect. Include reasons if you want.

Wishlist
    1 FFVI - duh
    2 Secret of Evermore - I LOVED this game, but I doubt it gets remade. It just did not sell well.
    3 FFIX - no chance, but another game I loved.
    4 FFVII - Same as 9, maybe in a couple years, as phones get more powerful.
    5 Chronotrigger : Crimson Echoes - I know this WILL never happen. But I have played it, and they did a great job. (they being not square.)

Realistic List
    1 FFVI - just the natural progression of things. 6 follows 5
    2 FF Mystic Quest - I feel this game has to be an easy to port, and they might throw this out there as a starter RPG or nostalgia.
    3 Breath of Fire - just a feeling. This should probably be on my Wishlist too:
    4 Final fantasy 4 the After years - another feeling, but already a DS game, I see this being ported.
    5 final fantasy tactics a2 - yeah!

2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Seeing as how they've already ported a handful of DS games (and even PSP) games, I can assume that those would come first.

3. None of the games in your "realistic" list seem too realistic besides FFVI and FFIV After Years (which never came to the DS). Also, Breath of Fire is more of a Capcom franchise than Square Enix.

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I'd actually love to see SE come up with a touchscreen original bullet hell shooter. It seems odd that despite being Japanese they haven't done a bullet hell.

Also (though very unlikely), I want to see them make a runner-cum-platformer with some crazy weird mechanics.

PS: Is it just me or did some posts actually get removed from this thread? I don't remember them being "bad" in any way...so why were they removed?

5. ioahaij

ioahaij Active Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings..

i know not a lot of people will agree but i want it to come to iOS. insta-buy!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I loved Revenant Wings too. :)

But my #1 wishlist title still goes to... Vagrant Story.

And then... Xenogears, Front Mission titles, and maybe some Star Ocean love too.

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    My post did about them being too expensive.
    £10 for an app
    I can get a Xbox 360 arcade game for that.

8. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah can the mods please explain the situation here? My post (I can't remember exactly on what) got deleted too. I think it had something to do with pricing as well.

Why can't we talk about hoping SE reduces the price of their game? I don't think either of our posts had any sort of "venom" to it.

9. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Why not the ports of DS Dragon Quests and Tactics Ogre PSP? Should be possible/plausible enough. I really hope that they do it.

10. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Einhander
    Parasite eve 1 & 2
    Vagrant story
    Xenogears

I can live with just einhander (the one game I don't have on my Vita)

11. Flrjcksn

Flrjcksn Member

Jul 12, 2012
    So my roommate and I were talking about breath of fire, I said cap on he said squaresoft. Then he shows me on Wikipedia, that it lists BoF as squaresoft. Except he put it there -_-

So I replace BoF with parasite eve. Forgot I loved that game.

As far as pricing, on some I agree, but for most if they are below the DS price I am okay with it. Obviously, so is most of the apple ecosystem, at least for the sales. I had no problem with twewy at 12.99

One more note, after playing FFIV updated, I miss 16 bit graphics :-(

12. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    TA hated then so they put them in the cheapskate thread.

13. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Games I would want? An un-touched Dragon Warrior 7, as well as all the DS DQ's and Ogre Battle.

As long as we are hoping for iOS things... (and I know this isn't SE), but the Dark Spire would be awesome!