Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Bought the game yesterday.. New to the genre.. Have a feeling I'll be watching hours of tutorials

2. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I'm going ahead and ask that question: has this game caught up to Junk Jack X yet? I played the PC version of terraria quite a bit. I love Junk Jack X, which I started playing vecause Terraria wasn't up to par at the time. Anyone care to lay out and weight the pros and cons of each title?

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I first bought the ios version of terraria, I played it loads, I bought the Xbox version, the android version and the lovely Peteozzy gifted me the steam PC version. I've played the PC version but haven't had the time to get into it as much as I'd like. Out of all the versions I've easily played the most on ios, but I accidently dug the ocean through and it flooded everything and it now takes 20 mins minimum for my game to even load so I've not really played too much, I can't really be arsed to start over and put those hours in again, I bought jjx at the same time but couldn't get into it, I ordered the graphic of jjx and really wanted to like it but it was overwhelming to me, however when the fishing update hit I red loaded and it all clicked this time and I've played it everyday since.

I can't compare the ios terraria to the PC version as it wouldn't be fair as I've not got that into PC version but having played the ios version and jjx extensively I have to say I easily prefer jjx, I've bought all the iaps, had my world on terraria not flooded I'd never have given jjx another chance. Saying that though, I think it's comes down to personal preference. I may think differently had I played the PC version first and then the ios version of terraria but I think both jjx and terraria are worth every penny and both are equally enjoyable.

4. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I was new to the genre when I first bought terraria too, you'll be a pro in no time :)

5. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Thank you for the extensive reply!

6. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks dude! Gotta say I'm enjoying the heck out this game.. Wondering what took me so long to buy it... I've already put in 20 hours and have only had the game for 3 days.. Almost bought junk jack x but I'm glad I went with terraria.. Already have my gold amor now I just want a bad ass weapon.. I've seen people using jet packs and drills in the pc version.. Are these available on iOS?

7. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Once you defeat the Wall Of Flesh (4th boss, I think) you will trigger hard mode, which has the wings, drills, cooler weapons, etc. they still don't have everything coded yet for iOS so you won't see everything you do on the PC version.

8. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Went and got it; now it's freezing during character creation :(

9. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks brother :).. I'm really hoping they eventually update with online multiplayer

10. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Geez, that must be frustrating. I haven't seen that particular bug yet so don't have any insight. What is your device?

11. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    For sure. There are so many other things it's missing as well, like epic weapons, bigger bosses, solar eclipse, and larger worlds. I will never understand why developers consistently fragment their own codebase.

12. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    5S. Just updated to iOS 8.1. will check later if that changes anything. I've gotten around to creating a char, but having to reboot your whole phone just to continue a game gets old, fast. Will post update later today if I get around to playing.

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    I'm with you 100%.. I've bought quite a few "watered down" ports.. Not complaining though.. Being able to play XCOM, Shadowrun on the go still amazes me

Larger worlds?? Wow, I was looking at my mini map last night and couldn't believe how big my world actually was.. They get bigger, that's insane..

14. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Apparently, the iOS version only offers small worlds, although the PC version gives you options all the way up to HUGE. The iOS version seems big to me, too, until I strip mine all of the ore and have to start another game just for materials. As you said, pretty happy that I can play it at all on-the-go.

15. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Just did a fresh install on my 6+ running iOS 8 and no crashes during character creation. I will try it on my son's 5 later today and let you know. Meanwhile, maybe an email to the developer might be warranted.

16. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Does this support icloud game save transfers? I got an iPad mini and would like to transfer saves between my iPhone and iPad.

17. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm almost certain it doesn't, but not 100 percent.

I used ifun box to transfer my save file from one device to another but if you play a lot on both it can be a faff on as youd have to do it every time as the save file won't update on the other device every time you play.

18. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Didn't even got the chance to fight the turkey boss. :(

19. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Why? It's still available on the current version.

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Not for me, the boss doesn't appear even tho i have the turkey summoned
    I didn't got that potion too.