Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

AWP, I keep swiping like crazy while jumping (dont really know what Im doing) but I get to survive and does the trick for me.

And for the second, I seen a checkpoint but couldn't get back to it from the menu. I think you need to pay with that currency to continue. Not 100% sure.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Swipe over - more like swipe a finger cleanly through the hand, over and over until the boss' hand takes enough damage and goes away. It's the same for every checkpoint

Edit: One more thing I hate is that when you hit something while in the air even just inches off the ground, it counts as an air juggle. You can jump after a juggle but there are times when you need a double jump and the juggle prevents that.

Last edited by Echoen; 02-15-2014 at 12:10 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 12:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
Needs a bit of refinement here and there but it's pretty decent compared to most other games, especially with the art and animation. I strongly recommend to mess with infinite mode before diving into story so you'll learn the quicktime events and have a lot more continues from all the gems you can collect.

I like the gem scheme for continues but a couple of issues really bug me. The spike breaker takes a really long time to charge up and even more to pull off, making it more of a liability. It's mostly impractical to use it unless you constantly spam it before things appear on screen. Even then, elevations ruin that idea. This also takes a bit of fun out of platforming when you can't break a perfectly placed trap on a jump while enemies are coming by the dozen.

Which brings up an issue on attacking. Attacking isn't that reliable on the vertical and when a large wave comes at you, you will eventually get hit from vulnerable frames. That charged attack would be great for these but it's too slow.

Needs a guide on power ups. Some should be made to activate on pick up instead like all of the slash skills. Wings should be a passive.

Not a fan of the boss checkpoints where a swipe mechanic is added just for that segment while you still have to attend to platforming and attacking. The other events are fine though.

What causes the boss to eat you?

Minor bug: jumping immediately after attacking does not produce a swing trail.
Well said. Exactly my thoughts.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Agreed about the tons of runners being released, and I didnt mean it like that. I meant that it must be awesome if you said like that. Damn English is not my first language and Im sorry if anything I said its viewed as with bad intentions.

Slayin is a runner, a pretty unique endless runner mixed with arena combat and RPG elements, but a runner. In my book at least.
No offense taken, I was just clarifying my opinion.
We will have to disagree about slayin being a runner, though.
I'd classify that in the arcade/action genre, personally.

I consider "runners" as more of an auto-run one direction thing I guess. Idk.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Just started playing this and really like it. One thing I'm having an issue is when you get to the point where it says "swipe over", I keep trying to swipe over but it doesn't seem to work and I always die.

Also, from ironsam80's post, I was confused, is the story still just one big level with checkpoints (which apparently I have't even made it to one) or are there distinct levels with an end?
From what I m seen till level 5 the story is a big chapter with a lot of checkpoints but if you stay out of credits (continues) you cannot continue from your last checkpoint and you have to restart the chapter from the very beginning. I don't know if there is a level that keeps your progress permanent but till now (level 5 for me) looks like levels are just something like temporary checkpoints to a big contiguous chapter.

Last edited by ironsam80; 02-15-2014 at 12:30 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'd really wish the Devs show up.

Great art style, gameplay and pretty good controls, since they grow on me. I was really overwhelmed in the first twenty minutes cause of the frantic action that was going on. Much, much better now. Actually so good that i donated the two bucks to them. Though i have not the best feeling with this "coming soon" of the three (!) other worlds/stages, also having no Gamecenter (omfg) and a few minor tweaks here and there that are needed - imho, still very much deserved for this absolute gorgeous runner, no doubt for me.