Installing Beta?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by minorpane, Dec 9, 2009.

1. minorpane

minorpane Well-Known Member

Ok, so i just got a Beta for an app, I've downloaded it, but i'm having trouble getting it onto my iPod. Any help?

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Ok, I'm assuming the folder you downloaded has 2 things in it: A .mobileprovision file and a folder with the game name then .app . Drag both of them to iTunes, then install like you would a normal app. The mobile provision file just tells the game what iDevices it can be installed on (determined by the UDID), the the .app folder works like any regular old app.

3. minorpane

I've done that several times, but it dosent seem to be working.
    Maybe this has something to do with me dragging in some of the wrong files before I did what you said?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Get the iPhone Configuration Utility, free from Apple. Makes beta testing a lot easier.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I was just going to recommend that. Otherwise check with the Dev that the UDID in the mobilprovision is in fact your UDID and it wasn't a typo.

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

If you drag both those things into iTunes it automatically creates the .ipa file.

if you already have the BETA ipa, then install reguarly through itunes.

7. minorpane

Thanks for the help.

I had to extract both the .mobileprovision and the.app folder first though. That's what I was doing wrong.

Anyway, I think Ravensword is a great first app to beta test.

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Buh Ravensword is out? :S