Universal Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - (by Beamdog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 29, 2012.

1. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    I got stuck there as well, however I did figure out the issue. You need to have "Thieving" selected, then you select the cabinet. She will...hopefully...unlock it. You then need to get a pearl from the chest. If you don't get the pearl after you unlock it, just select the chest, but without thieving selected (which I didn't appreciate) then select the pearl. jicon had the right idea on where to touch.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Bummer :(

3. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I am so used to tutorials pointing to the buttons that I am supposed to use. Describing them and hoping I can find them is not so easy. Would love to find a cheat sheet telling me what all the icons are. Same for spells actually though I know I can get it most of the time with a long press on them.

-Greg

4. WakeOfPoseidon

WakeOfPoseidon Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Engineer
    One thing I've noticed that may help some folks out is that the "Help" button appears to be context sensitive - so if you're in a particular character's magic run inventory, when you click on the help menu, it should give you the names of the runes currently showing for example.

5. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    That helps. Don't forget to hit the arrows - the 2nd page will show what the spells are for example. Wish you could also learn the spell details from there but at least you can see what the name of the spells are.

6. daproject02

daproject02 New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    This is the first real rpg on ios. Who ever is over 30 years old will agreed with me. Ive being waiting for this for long time. Support the developers. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS FOR EVEEEEEEEERRRRR!!!!!'

7. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #87 Greg G, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    *sigh* Ok, where is the opening to the basement? I fear I will miss a lot in this game if the locations are so subtle. Pressing the magnifying glass should show exits as well.

EDIT: The entrance is under the stairs on the left. I was just pressing all over to find it.

8. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Just an observation while perusing the game:

While making my prerequisite Thief from scratch, I noticed under the Assassin class description that one can get a x7 max backstabbing bonus instead of a x5... But that it would only be possible to do so in Baldur's gate 2 (as from the classes description)!

Confirmation that Baldur's Gate 2 is already in the works? I would hope so as it is my favorite of the two! In any case, back to the game!

10. WakeOfPoseidon

WakeOfPoseidon Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Engineer
    In the main room where you speak to Belt to get the Basement quest, you'll see a set of stairs on your left and on the right (both of which tell you that you can't use them during the tutorial). If you look at the set of stairs on the left side, in the upper left hand corner of the screen/room (which would be under the next floor landing for the stairs), there is an opening to the basement.

Yeah, it didn't look like an opening to the basement to me either - I found it by trial and error. Agreed, some of these things are difficult to see - thankfully the hourglass icon helps identify things of importance a little easier.

11. Maltbrew

Maltbrew Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Hello, first time player here.

How on earth do you cast spells?
    I'm doing the tutorial now and I'm controllin Xan, but I no ####ing clue how to cast spells!

12. err404

err404 Active Member

Jul 21, 2010
    While this is BG1, it's been redone with the engine enhancements from BG2. What your seeing likely an artifact of that. But more to your point, yes I believe that BG2:EE is planned, assuming that the first one does well.

13. daproject02

daproject02 New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Dear Santa.#
    Thank you very much for releasing bgee. I know I've being a good boy this year. I also know im not a boy any more (36) but thanks anyways.#
    Im pretty sure that my friends on ios also will appreciate your present to me.#

Thanks#

14. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010

Which spell? For something like Identify you hold down on the item you want to identify and then you are asked if you want to use a spell or a scroll.

In combat you bring up the spell click on it so there is a red mark around it then click on who you want the spell to hit.

15. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto! Just had my 38th last month, but I still feel like a kid who got an early Christmas present with this release! It's what I have been asking Santa for! It's nice to just play this again, like reading a really good book after so many years!

Lets hope sales are good then, cause I want me some BG2:EE!

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You may be reading too much into it, but on the TA podcast the developer mentioned that their license deal includes both BG and BG 2. He also said that they'll be working on it and that since this version is emulated in the BG2 engine, it will be easier to work on the next one.

17. err404

err404 Active Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I'm afraid to say that the traslation to a touch screen is a bit disappointing. It is basicaly a direct translation from the mouse UI. Since you cant mouse-over or right click, there are many functions that don't work well or in some cases at all. Looking at the state of the UI, it will take a long time to fix it. It would play much better if they just gave us a virtual mouse cursor in the mean time. On the bright side the engine runs well and looks good.

18. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Ahhhhhh!!! So awesome! I wish I could play while at work! I created a two handed fighter but can't really play :(. I normally have a thief but thought I should go a different route this time!

19. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    BG 2 is confirmed. It's in their contract, they will be porting it for sure.

BG:EE has a lot of BG2 features in it because (as you've noticed) it's actually using the BG2 engine.

Sync is coming. In the meantime you can do it manually via iFunBox.

20. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I can't wait to be a Red Wizard of Thay again. Aah the memories.