iPad Title Challenge: Football Management (by Kyan Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KyanGames-Laurent, Jan 30, 2015.

1. KyanGames-Laurent

KyanGames-Laurent New Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #1 KyanGames-Laurent, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

We’ve just submitted our app to the app store and wanted to let people know about our game.

We’re a small indie company in the UK, and we wanted to make a mobile Football Manager game designed from the ground up. We’re huge fans of the genre, but we wanted something different to what's currently available.

So Title Challenge is a Football Manager game where we’ve stripped back the features to what we think is the core fun experience of these types of game. Our favorite Manager games from the 90’s where a big inspiration for our design.

• - Complete a season in a few hours
    • - Buy and sell players throughout the year
    • - Choose a team from UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain
    • - Data editor so you can modify all the data in the game
    • - Drag and drop tactics editor

Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We’ve still got a few spots left on the beta, if you’re interested email us at:
    games @ kyangames .com

Please feel free to post any questions, I’ll try my best to answer them.

2. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Looks really good. Congratulations

3. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Great! I hope it captures the "fun" part of old cm series without all the details of fm now where it has lost the fun portion imho.

Hope to see a good alternatives to fmh, as good ones are very few leaving us with little choice.

Between "arcade" and simulation, which side is the game more slant towards to? Is there a sweet spot between giving a tactical challenge and "killer" tactics?

Cm series really do give me the joy of both, sounds contradicting but true..

4. KyanGames-Laurent

KyanGames-Laurent New Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Phew, I'm not the only person who thinks that, that's exactly what we hope Title Challenge can offer.

If you ever played the original 93 version then that's where we see ourselves, I'd call that more simulation, but still lightweight enough to complete a season in a few hours

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I am confident there's many like minded people!

The cm 93, very much of the focus or fun I remembered was bucket of goals my team scored but almost always lost at final of the european cup. Now that itself is addictive and frustrating in a good way. but of course now perhaps slant towards realism may be better but the fun part still there, but that's the difficult thing to balance. Does the plan game allow us to see who/ which area is weak etc during match play or it's more about "you here you there, continental style (till now I dun quite understand that lol) and play on and hope for the best?

Cm i feel is more of the latter. The text in match play is more of letting players soak in the atmosphere of what's going on

6. KyanGames-Paul

Feb 5, 2015
    Programmer
    UK
    We now have a new website up and running:

titlechallenge.com

We also have a press kit with a bit more information about the game and why we built it...

titlechallenge.com/press/

Thanks
    Paul.

7. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    #7 lilgac, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    I visit it last week and twitter too, trying to see if there's more info :)
    I guess it's coming out real soon?
    Based on real names of players and does it include basic player stats?

Also, your updated website I have some difficulty navigating it in my ipad ios7, click on features , black background, have to keep scrolling up/ down to see something

8. KyanGames-Paul

Feb 5, 2015
    Programmer
    UK
    It's still being reviewed by Apple, so hopefully very soon.

We've love to have used real player names in Title Challenge. However, we're only a tiny team of passionate football fans and so we've done the next best thing and included an easy to use data editor.

Thanks for letting us know. We've got an iPad on iOS 8 and it looks OK. I'll try and see if we can work out what's going on with iOS 7.

Paul.

9. KyanGames-Paul

Feb 5, 2015
    Programmer
    UK
  10. niks_

niks_ New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Great start

This is definitely the prettiest mobile footy manager. Love the design and it's very functional, especially compared to FMH. It's a great start for a simple, beautiful football management game.

Although I'm having fun, I would love to be able to play cup matches, switch teams, become national manager etc. I hope lots of people buy Title Challenge so you can start working on that asap ;)

11. jhumps84

jhumps84 New Member

May 18, 2015
    #11 jhumps84, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Youth players

Like the game, but having played one season can see one major difference with CM. Having had 2 players retired there has not been any youth players promoted to take their place. How do new players get generated in the game? Also what about player nationalities so you don't get funny named generated players