Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 08-05-2013, 03:34 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default Game page in the TA app links to wrong thread

Hey, I'm the Kid Tripp dev, and someone in the game's current thread noticed this:

"Anyone else noticed that if you go to the app page for this in the TA app, it still links to the upcoming thread rather than this one? Not sure if that's also why it's not making it onto the popular new releases list?"

I was wondering if anyone could fix this. Cheers!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

If I remember correctly, this has to do with the [appinfo] tags.

It appears they were used in the OP of the Upcoming Games thread. I see it's locked too, so a moderator will have to fix that for you.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammajamma28 View Post
If I remember correctly, this has to do with the [appinfo] tags.

It appears they were used in the OP of the Upcoming Games thread. I see it's locked too, so a moderator will have to fix that for you.
I've seen moderators say they've tried that and it didn't work in the past, I can't remember exactly which game it was. Metalcasket also already saw the original post about this in the game thread, but maybe he didn't try that. Anyway this happens all the time. It would be nice if it got fixed. Often the game links to the upcoming thread, but sometimes it links to nothing at all despite the existence of an active thread.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I honestly don't know if it has anything to do with it, but like with Hero of Many, I checked to see if there were any appinfo tags in the entire upcoming thread. However, unlike HoM, I don't see 'em anywhere in the thread at all. If anyone can see something I can't, please let me know. This seems like something I should shut up about and let arn handle. :/
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I honestly don't know if it has anything to do with it, but like with Hero of Many, I checked to see if there were any appinfo tags in the entire upcoming thread. However, unlike HoM, I don't see 'em anywhere in the thread at all. If anyone can see something I can't, please let me know. This seems like something I should shut up about and let arn handle. :/
I remember putting an appinfo tag in the OP, but it looks like it's invisible/gone now (even though it doesn't say a mod has edited it). Maybe you could check to see if it's still inside the post somewhere? I can't edit it myself because it's locked.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Can anyone double-check that the problem's been resolved on the TA app? I think I've fixed it. If it is indeed working, please try and get the release thread active to see if Kid Tripp shows up under Hot New Games.

That said, I'm staying out of these things in the future.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Can anyone double-check that the problem's been resolved on the TA app? I think I've fixed it. If it is indeed working, please try and get the release thread active to see if Kid Tripp shows up under Hot New Games.

That said, I'm staying out of these things in the future.
I see it at the bottom of the Hot New games bar now! HUGE thanks, you're the man!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpowa View Post
I see it at the bottom of the Hot New games bar now! HUGE thanks, you're the man!
My pleasure (and eternal rage), Pix.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:43 PM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Oops I forgot to reply to this thread yesterday. Yes the issue is caused by an appinfo tag being put into the first post of any thread other than the release thread, before the release thread is made.

In other words, the thread which has the appinfo tag in the first post FIRST will be the thread the TA app directs to. So, be on the lookout for those situations and report any other games with issues here.

I edited out the appinfo from the upcoming thread for Kid Tripp and the problem seemed to fix itself after a short time. Sorry MC if I made you feel crazy So if you do see a game doing this behavior you can also report the post so a mod can edit out the app info.

Thanks for bringing up the issue
Old 08-07-2013, 07:32 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Sorry MC if I made you feel crazy
Haha, no problem dude. I'm hoping it was your initial editing that solved the problem and not my drastic (NEVER.AGAIN!) actions. I think we should put up a sticky in the upcoming sections saying something like "WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT POST APPINFO IN UPCOMING THREADS!"