Universal Royal Revolt 2 (by flaregames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2014.

1. birnbe

birnbe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    I like it but something is siphoning my gems. The IAP currency is given for certain achievements but also seems to be taken just as easily. I haven't allowed 1 use of gems, yet they seem to keep disappearing.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was suprised by the online aspect but also the pvp and base development do add to the game and your defence area does get larger but it costs gems to clear blockages.

I'm trying it for now but with so many timers, being online only and gems I'm not sure how long for.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Its pretty fun. Its obviously their take on clash of clans and I'm actually enjoying it more than clash of clans. I recommend everyone to try it, but keep in mind that its not a game youre suppose to play for a couple hours straight. Its just a fun little game that you check up on every now and then for a couple of seconds or minutes. If you like the idea of the game but you really don't like the clash of clans type gameplay, then you should really check out the first one.

4. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    My path is 13 tiles long but I have 19 available, I've wasted a few hundred gems clearing debri but I can't make my path longer. The debri clears and it only gives me the option to place a tower.
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

5. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    Try tapping and holding a path square and then drag your finger along creating a new path.

6. nightson

nightson Member

Feb 6, 2011
    It's the scrolls, the powerful spell you used in battles which do massive damage around you.

The developer has conveniently neglect to mention that it costs gems to use them in the tutorial.

The problem is that due to the location of the buttons of the scrolls, I will sometimes accidentally activate them during battles.

7. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    Game Impressions

agree slow boring gem junk game! delete

8. nightson

nightson Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Fix the disconnection problem

I liked the game initially, but the constant disconnection got on my nerve.

It was unfair when I went to battle and got disconnected. My food was deducted for the battle and I didn't get to complete the battle. A lose lose situation for the player, especially when I was trying to get the first place in the tournament.

Sad to say that I ditched this game. It has potential, but the disconnection issue will get to you eventually :mad::mad:

9. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I have played this game for a bit, and I have some tips for playing that might ease your mind about it, and help you get the most out of it while paying a minimum amount of money on IAPs.

-The game is freemium dual-currency with timers that get bigger and bigger as stuff becomes more complex. This means that patience will reward you. You folks know the drill: If you're up against the timer wall for whatever reason, switch to a different game. It's as simple as that. Don't delete the game, just go play or do something else for a bit. This should go without saying.

-Upgrade as much as possible before you upgrade your throne. This is because it allows you to pace the rate at which timers become big. Plus, it ensures that all parts of your base maintain about equal levels of strength.

-Attack whenever you have the food for it. Doesn't matter if you win or lose, you will gain gold AND experience for your hero regardless of the attack's outcome. Thus, even in defeat you progress forward.

-Don't worry about winning or losing trophies. What matters more than trophies are medals, which you also gain by attacking. You never lose medals if you end up defeated for that attack. Medals determine your ranking in a league. Land in the top three of whatever league you are in, and you advance to the next league. If you are not in the top three, you drop down a league. You cannot drop below Bronze League.

-Use scrolls only if you want to and have the gems for it. They are optional, so treat them as optional. Scrolls cost gems to cast while in battle, which means that if it was not for their long cool down timers you could theoretically burn through your entire gem stash over the course of a few battles. Be careful that you don't mis-tap and accidentally cast a scroll, because of where the scroll icons are placed on the UI. Yes, the scrolls are powerful, but abusing them could come back to haunt you. It goes without saying that they are situational as well.

-Pay attention to your defenses. Make sure not only that your towers and whatnot are upgraded, but that your defending troops are upgraded and queued up over multiple waves. The strongest defense is one that has no holes in it. Weak troops cannot slow the enemy troop advance, and weak towers, traps and blockades cannot DPS down the enemy hero or contain the enemy force.

-Try to place towers in range of enemy troops, but out of range of the enemy troop attack range. A well-placed bomb-and-arrow tower combo behind a blockade is a pain to fight through, especially with a frost tower and spikes right at the blockade. Use those blockades to give your towers a fighting chance, and to give your troops time to catch up between waves.

-It is best to spend gems on destroying ruins. They block your pathing options for your defense and limit your tower placement. It only takes 25 or so gems to destroy each ruin, so saving up for that is a good idea.

-Abuse spells. Period. They are VERY strong and are your hero's main source of damage. Plus, they have fairly short cool downs compared to scrolls and are arguably as powerful as a scroll if used right. Stun is a great spell to trigger right as an enemy troop wave comes in, because it stuns both towers AND troops, allowing your troops to wreak havoc. The only weak spell I've unlocked so far is Poison Gas because it does not affect towers, when spells like Hammerstrike or Firestorm attack both troops and towers.

-Pay attention to the blue bar at the bottom left of your screen. It it's full, you're not summoning reinforcements fast enough. Keep pouring out wave after wave of troops in between spell casts and combat so you can eventually press a numbers advantage against your opponent. Melee troops are usually best for attacks because they come up the ramp quickly and the Paladin can tank quite a bit of damage once upgraded. Pay attention to a unit's reinforcement cost, though; Paladins are a whopping 3 units, while a Knight is just 1 unit, for example. Plan your strategy accordingly. For defense, a variety of troops often yields the best results.

-The game gives you a steady stream of gems from achievements, defenses and league rank prizes. Thus, patience once again can reward you.

Not only is this game NOT for everyone, it goes without saying that those intrinsically opposed to freemium in any way will not enjoy this game. However, if you are the type who enjoys figuring out how to play around the timers and revel in the challenge of succeeding in spite of never paying a dollar, then you'll find a lot to like in this game. It offers just enough strategic fun without paying a single cent for those who do enjoy free-to-play games that, honestly, I recommend it.

Take these tips and advice however you wish. I will say that, whatever your opinions/thoughts/counterpoints, I respect them. I may not agree, and I might explain why I do not agree, but I respect the fact that you took time out of your day to discuss this topic.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album

10. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    love the game!
    in the option menu they have a cloud icon with checkbox, I did check my phone's iCloud setting but I cannot find this game, so what is the cloud icon mean? sync to its own cloud server?

11. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    look like no one here playing that game, then all those players in game must be from android side..:confused:

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    So... who do I have to threaten inorder to get multiple device support and some sort of social guild like feature in this otherwise awesome game :)

13. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    I don't know if there are any other players for this here, but they just released an update and really made this one great again. It had been getting a little long in the tooth and neglected and they really added some nice updates as well as overhauling the in-game currency to make it even easier to play without cracking your wallet.
    Join the open clan if you want to give it a whirl or just need a clan...
    Touch Arcade Knights