Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
B-Rabbit B-Rabbit is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

I was wondering if it was turn based or action or what as well.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Hambo12 Hambo12 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Game land
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
I was wondering if it was turn based or action or what as well.
what are all kemco RPGs? turn based
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM
B-Rabbit B-Rabbit is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
what are all kemco RPGs? turn based
Not that familiar with Kemco games. Thanks though.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM
smegly smegly is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 786
Default

So, I decided to bump this up in my rotation and give it a whirl. I feel like I'm pretty close to the end of the game which would make this approximately half the length of the other EXE-Create turn-based RPGs I've played, a third in one case. There also isn't any sort of character progression quirk like getting skills from equipment or magic rings like in the Alphadia Games and Infinite Dunamis. So it's got a pretty narrow scope compared to their other stuff. Maybe there's some NG+ aspect I have yet to experience.

Pretty good otherwise though, I'm just throwing it out there that this is a comparatively small game compared to the rest of the library.

Last edited by smegly; 07-11-2014 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-13-2014, 11:29 AM
B-Rabbit B-Rabbit is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
So, I decided to bump this up in my rotation and give it a whirl. I feel like I'm pretty close to the end of the game which would make this approximately half the length of the other EXE-Create turn-based RPGs I've played, a third in one case. There also isn't any sort of character progression quirk like getting skills from equipment or magic rings like in the Alphadia Games and Infinite Dunamis. So it's got a pretty narrow scope compared to their other stuff. Maybe there's some NG+ aspect I have yet to experience.

Pretty good otherwise though, I'm just throwing it out there that this is a comparatively small game compared to the rest of the library.
Thanks for posting! Let us know if anything turns out different. Trying to decide which Kemco game to try. This one is new and it's sci-fi which is nice but maybe not if it's small and chintzy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
Thanks for posting! Let us know if anything turns out different. Trying to decide which Kemco game to try. This one is new and it's sci-fi which is nice but maybe not if it's small and chintzy.
Alphadia series is a good start.

My favorite Kemco games are Symphony of Origin and Alphadia Genesis. Dark Gate was pretty solid too, but the iphone-only meant it didnt make the cut when i got my ipad air.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Syro Syro is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 44
Default

I'm almost 9 hours in and don't seem to be that close to the end, just to put that in perspective. Smegly may still be right, though ... I put in 30-40 hours on Alphadia Genesis, Kreisia, and Infinite Dunamis, so this one could easily still fall at the halfway mark.

It does seem a bit light on the features. As smegly said, you don't learn skills from equipment (only from leveling up). There doesn't seem to be any sort of limit break move like there was in Kreisia. There's no accessory crafting system like Kreisia, although most the accessories themselves seem to have been copied over.

That said, the story so far is interesting. I like the sci-fi theme. The fact that it's an Earth future means they can refer to today's pop culture freely, which led to a few laughs. I would prefer a little more variety in skills, but I'm only around level 20 so there's still lots of room to grow on that front.

Enjoying it so far.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:58 PM
smegly smegly is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syro View Post
I'm almost 9 hours in and don't seem to be that close to the end, just to put that in perspective. Smegly may still be right, though ... I put in 30-40 hours on Alphadia Genesis, Kreisia, and Infinite Dunamis, so this one could easily still fall at the halfway mark.

It does seem a bit light on the features. As smegly said, you don't learn skills from equipment (only from leveling up). There doesn't seem to be any sort of limit break move like there was in Kreisia. There's no accessory crafting system like Kreisia, although most the accessories themselves seem to have been copied over.

That said, the story so far is interesting. I like the sci-fi theme. The fact that it's an Earth future means they can refer to today's pop culture freely, which led to a few laughs. I would prefer a little more variety in skills, but I'm only around level 20 so there's still lots of room to grow on that front.

Enjoying it so far.
I've since beat the game. I got the normal ending at about 10.5 hours. For some perspective, I got through ID and Kreisia in a bit over 20 hours each, not including NG+ stuff. I got the best ending in Alphadia Genesis at about 30 hours; I don't remember when I got the normal ending for that, maybe 25.

That said, I have yet to go through the extra dungeon that unlocks after the normal ending so I don't know how much time that would tack on. I cannot imagine it would be all that big.

I have enjoyed it quite a bit though. I suspect some people may appreciate the concise nature of the game as it does give it a higher story/atmosphere to dungeoncrawl ratio than the other games have.

Also, while the lack of character progression systems is an odd choice, it's not like the other games mentioned had deep systems where one player would have a significantly different setup than another. It might have been a wise call to just make the characters straightforward.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Syro Syro is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 44
Default Game Impressions

I would recommend picking this one up. It's not as good as say Alphadia Genesis, but it provides a solid experience. The sci-fi theme remained fresh and interesting throughout.

You get 310 IAP currency for free during the game from completing a side quest, enough to buy two Ultimate cores which I would recommend. You can also continue to get more at the rate of 20 per 500 battles, but that rate is too high to be worth it.

The main story line is shorter than some of the other titles but not significantly so in my experience. Post game contains three dungeons and a battle arena. The final post-game dungeon is long with 4 or 5 mini-bosses and challenging random encounters in addition to the final boss.

The battle arena is where the challenge lies. I have beaten up to the hard difficulty of the highest tier. I'm curious what the final Hydro Ender reward skill does if anyone can fill me in. Some of the other skill rewards have been crazy good.

All in all a very enjoyable experience for the money I put down.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent